Chapter 18

Tunes of the flute merrily motioned ahead, greeting the ears of all who were around, Kanha's full lips synced with the movements of his fingers on the flute, he caressed his beloved weapon before finally acceding to Rukmini's psychogenic brooding,

"Isn't it time for us to go?" The woman with long eyelashes complained,

"You won't be patient, won't you?" A soft laugh of Krishna disappointed the lady, "let them take their time but I promise you if they ask for even a minute more we will visit them on earth"

Though her mind satisfied, the woman's happiness terminated as a striking verity opposed their decision, "But we cannot defy the rules of nature, how can we go to Earth before the arrival of your Kalki avatar and my Padma entitlement?"

The preserver of all beings residing in his mischievous form praised the 'anxious' intelligence of his wife, "who says we are Vishnu and Lakshmi?"

Muralidharan spun his flute with minimum velocity, acknowledging the circles of confusion in the lady's mind, "I am Krish and you'll be Ruhani"

**************************

The tiny droplets trickled affectionately over her face, Draupadi's arms curled up by degrees, letting the water tumble over her milky skin, the rain which delighted the Earth now homogenised with the
mist of love.
His presence intrigued her soul, he and she, they and Indra's blessings.
Pitter-patter of the rain dancing outside the window turned bulkier and harsher calling the woman who was lost in her thoughts back to the reality.

"Are you even listening? I just broke out the biggest news of this year!" Lakshana sneezed once again, her allergic responses to the changing weather were pitied by all!

The former blinked phenomenally, biting her nails to express her apology of not listening,
"Devangi married Yash!" Vidyut's wife whispered, after shaking her head in annoyance.

"When?" Draupadi's mouth opened wide to eject shock waves, a corner of her heart echoed with merry wishes but another corner sympathised with itself, all people are reuniting and she? She couldn't even quench her desperate soul by one look of his.

"Mom has allowed us to meet them, well, I am even excited to meet Garvit, Bheem's few days baby" Laks quacked, "we are going to Delhi tomorrow"

Chocolatey tasted the ivory shaded floor after having the cup of hot chocolate soberly smashed by Draupadi, her beautiful eyes screamed at the lady in front of her, "No, I am not going"

"You won't have any encounters with...'you know who'," The sister in law's snobbishness and stubbornness doubled, " moreover my Dad wants me to handle some project in the Delhi hotel branch of his, so technically we will be staying there and" she now pointed her finger indecently at her best friend, "I have chosen you to help me and you dare not say no"

"You cannot boss around!" Draupadi flitted her limbs in agony,

"Ah..for your safety, your 'round the clock' bodyguard is going to accompany us however I don't like him" Laks winked,
The then panicking mind of Draupadi laughed loudly, she clutched her stomach, "Karan is not my bodyguard and I don't like him either"

__________________________________

The lady dressed in black pants and a white sleeved shirt sceptically let sensations of doubt wash over her, was it the right decision to come to Delhi?
Her fears doused her conscious, Arjun's city will definitely bring unwanted surprises for her.

"So the plan of action," Laks rubbed her palms together, "I am going to meet the family and you can go for shopping"

Draupadi rolled her eyes, the opulent suite of the hotel invited her to be indolent and enjoy its services but the fluctuations within her brain could be only healed by some reckless activity, she hurriedly followed her best friend,

"Where are you going, Karan?" The apparent employer asked her employee who was oscillating car keys in front of the two women,
"I don't mind being a chauffeur and guide" he smirked before portraying a half body bow.

"You are not a servant" The previous Princess of Panchala objected to the Angraj's interference in her life,

"He's a Suta turned king" words from the past encircled her brain,

"Neither are you my close associate" her utterance wielded sharp arrows towards him, he shrugged his shoulders and politely blackmailed of calling Drupad and conversing him about his daughter's spirit to roam around alone in the streets of an unknown city.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"This is the famous Connaught Place, you wouldn't want to miss the delicacies of the fine restaurants" Karan hoped to break the ice between himself and her after Lakshana's exit from the car to visit her cousins.
He adjusted the rear mirror quietly, remembering his past with her, bitter and only bitter.

"Why not...." She mumbled under her breath, banging the car door behind her.
She smiled watching a couple hold hands flirtatiously while walking in the market yet frowned recalling the short span of time she spent with Arjun,
the black sunglasses over her dark brown pupils not only saved her from the sun's wrath but also saved Karan from her wrath, whose quirky comments and remarks drilled holes to let hot lava flow inside her brain.

"Be right here, I'll get you something to drink" Karan sounded like a gentleman, holding the two carrier bags from the shopping of the last one hour.

Draupadi captured the rarest sight of Karna,
was he the same man who despised her?
Chuckling at her thoughts, she felt an urge to stop time and replace Karan with her Arjun.
Her thoughts sprinkled sweetness over her wounded heart, the possibilities of twisting the reality soothed her, she glanced at her palm lines, perhaps they could solve her never-ending uncertainty.

The Sun blazed more robustly as if warning of unseen danger, the honking of cars, chattering of people and the sight of white polished buildings blurred as a big hand covered her mouth,
The woman, always strong as well as tough who allowed no one to take her down, felt extremely weak in those few seconds, she was being controlled by a hopeless fear which miserably quietened her abilities.

Draupadi jumped, freaking with her heart shivering, she gripped the sweaty muscular hand in self-defence, irregular beeping troubled her mind, she no longer felt her physical self struggling to free itself, the inhaling of an obnoxious element of the air knocked her unconscious.

"Jairaj never fails to complete his job"