Chapter- 24💗

"Everybody shift something is coming towards us" Perth announced as all the alpha guards including Perth and Mean shifted. Mean was the first one who moves ahead of all and they waited for the thing to come out of the forest.

Mean kept looking like a hawkeye until the movement between the grasses stopped. All the wolves were ready to attack. They were already on their paws to jump on. When the thing came out of grass and fall on the ground. Every shifted when they saw a human body. 

"Who do you think that is?" Perth asked looking at the lifeless body fallen on the ground. They were quite in a lot of distance to see who it was.

"I don't know I am going to check who it is. Nobody will follow me" Mean commanded as he walked slowly to cross the border.

"Mean?? Don't cross the border it can be a trap. We are not allowed to cross the border that part belongs to some other pack." Perth suggested with a horrified look. Even though he was not on good terms with Mean he can't let his best friend fall into some trap.

"Common you know they can't do anything to me. Even ten of them can't do anything to me. Just look at the body there. Maybe that human needs our help. Just chill ok. Nobody will follow me. If it's a trap then only you guys will cross the border." Mean moved towards the human body slowly extra sharp sensory listening and watching everything to make sure it's not a trap. As he got close to the body which seemed to be a boy because of the weirdly cut short hairs. The boy was lying on the floor back facing him he sat on the ground as he turned the boy and it felt like the world stopped for him.

"Mean what are you doing bring him this side?? It is dangerous to be that part of the forest." Perth shouted to bring back Mean out of thoughts. Mean was practically shaking looking at the lifeless body. His eyes were sweaty he immediately cleared his eyes with the hem of his shirt as he turned to look back at Perth.

"P...Perth bring a blanket" Mean shouted trying his best not to stuttered but failed miserably. Perth ran to bring the blanket, he was confused about what Mean's intention was. He was uncertain about the whole thing he ran towards Mean with a blanket. He stopped when he saw the body of the person. He recognized it immediately. The body has a big cut on one of the cheeks, clothes barely covered the body because it was torn at many places and dirty too. So many injuries that it can't be counted on fingers. The hairs are brutally and forcibly chopped.

"I... I will call the doctor. I think ....we should get back to another side." Perth took out his mobile as slowly walked to border his hands, legs, brain, the heart actually every part of the body was feeling so heavy like he can't walk anymore. Mean felt exactly the same when he covered the lifeless body properly in the blanket and too in his arms and walked towards the border.

................................................................................................................................................................

The house was full of silence, heart-wrenching silence. But silence gets broken by the glass when Cristie placed a glass of water in front of Perth and Mean. But non of them give a shit about the glass of water because they were just too sad and furious to think about anything else.

The Gate of the room opened and both immediately got up from their respective seats and looked at the doctor who was just arranging his words in mind and thinking what to say to the furious leader and his beta.

"She is fine now. Still unconscious and highly possible she will gain her consciousness in an hour or so. She can a big cut on her cheeks made by a dagger. I think it is purposely made. Many more cuts and wounds fresh and old maybe beaten many times." Dr. stopped to take a forceful breathe preparing himself to say the next thing.