Chapter 18

I get out of bed early to make myself presentable to go into work, I open the door to Daveed's bedroom to see if he was awake but he's still sleeping. I decide to leave him to sleep for a bit longer while I get ready. Stepping out of the shower the cut on my arm started to bruise, so I take the time to cover it up. Slumping on the sofa I focus on the day ahead instead of what happened last night, after an hour Daveed emerged from his bedroom already dressed. "no breakfast today ?" Is he really acting like nothing happened, I don't know what to expect with him anymore. 

"Are we going soon" I decide to ignore his statement. 

"um yeah sure" I get up from the sofa and grab the car keys from the table. 

"I'll wait in the car" I wait in the car for five minutes and remember the last time I was in here when I moved out of Lin's house. Daveed sits in the driver's seat and starts driving to the theatre. Arriving at the theatre I smile in excitement, as soon as Daveed park the car I bolt for the door. When I open it everyone turns to me my eyes instantly go towards Jazzy running at me at full speed. She pulls me into a warm hug. 

"I haven't seen you in ages" Her voice seems croaky. 

"what's up with your voice Jazzy" she smiles at my worried voice.

"I think I drank something that I was allergic to, ill be okay though" She pulls away and Lin walks up to me with a huge smile on his face, seeing him again makes me realize how much I missed him. I can't help but to mirror his smile, I take a step towards him but get interrupted by Daveed. He places his hand on my shoulder almost claiming me, my smile fades as I look towards the floor.

"what are we doing today Lin ?" Daveed squeezes my shoulder and I wince a little in pain.

"We need to make revisions on the play then trial them tonight" I look up at Lin begging for help through my eyes, he looks at me concerned then turns to Daveed. "you go get changed while I talk to YN about changes me need to make" his grip on my shoulder loosens he looks down at me concerned I flash him a weak smile and he walks to his dressing room. "you doing okay" his voice is so soft different from Daveed's usually harsh. 

"Uh yeah I'm fine" I didn't want to worry him about anything. He looks around and leads me to a spare dressing room with a sofa and chair. We both sit down and Lin stares deep into my eyes studying me. 

"He knows doesn't he" I felt my chest tighten as tears form in my eyes. Lin moves next to me and pulls me to a hug, I stay in his warmth for a while before he pulled away. He looked as hurt as I did. 

"What did you need help with ?" I wipe my eyes and try to change the subject.

"I don't I just wanted to see you, I had a feeling that he knew as soon as you stopped coming in" Lin paused waiting for an answer I stayed silent. "you don't need to beat yourself up YN this is my fault as well, I decided to sit with you in the diner, I hired you as my writer" I take a deep breath trying to ready myself, I haven't felt his touch in a while and I was craving it. Lin and Daveed were polar opposites and I loved Lin, not Daveed. I grab Lin's collar and pull him into a kiss, we both flinch at first but melt into each other arms like before. His soft lips felt foreign as we explored each other again, his hands slipped down my back resting on my leg. I pull away for air, Our forehead rested on each other both smiling.

"I can't leave you" we look at each other appreciating each others company. "we should probably leave now" I smile for the first time in a while and stand up. He follows me and holds my hand, I turn around and he places his hand on my arm. I move away and hiss in pain. 

"what was that" I hold my arm realizing the bruise was now a dark shade of purple. 

"nothing lets go" we both walk out of the room and they start going through the play, Lin makes a couple of changes but not enough to actually need me there. After the rehearsals finish Daveed instantly comes up to me looking at me for answers I reassure him that Lin and I didn't do anything. He looked at my arm and noticed my bruise.