Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP my alarm clock jerks me awake I pull the covers off of me. "Jesus I need to get heating" I mumble to myself I quickly put on a hoodie warm myself up. 

"oh good you're awake," Aubrey says as she walks in "you ready for school break," she says dancing on me. 

"stooooopppppp" I say with a wine. Aubrey's girlfriend walks in and starts dancing with us, they've invited to a road trip across America for this break but I can't because of work and I want to finish my book but God I will miss them 

"have you changed your mind Y/N" Aubrey said 

"you know I can't go I have work" 

"fine" she chants while pretending to faint. 

"come on we need to go to our last class get up," I say pulling her onto my shoulder. we walk out of our dorm and start heading to the class. 

"At least let me get you lunch before we leave," Aubrey says walking out of class 

"I would but I'm already late for work," I say trying to worm my way out of the death grip she's got me in "I.... can't ... breath" Aubrey looks down at me and lets me go. 

"I'm going to miss you Y/N" "ill miss you too Aubrey," I say taking deep breaths of air. 

"I'm driving you to work, will Tom be there?" she asks 

"well yeah, he works there" she practically drags me into the car and blasts music while driving there. 

We arrive at the coffee shop and I walk in as Tom tells me I'm late "I'm sorry" I say in my most apologetic voice possible, he chucks me my apron and get behind the counter. Tom and Aubrey chat since they haven't seen each other in a while and I take the time to clean up my station and clean some tables, once I finished I return to the counter and say goodbye to Aubrey. 

"How is school coming along Y/N" Tom asks. He's basically dad since I never knew mine, he is the sweetest person I know and I would do anything for him. 

"good actually, its the summer holiday now so I can pick up more hours" I'd rather not but I need the money for school 

"Are you sure? I don't want you to overwork yourself" Tom said with a worried voice, always thinking of other people. 

"yeah I have nothing better to do," I say with a laugh 

"I could use with the company, its soooooo boring without you" 

" what can I say I am amazing," I say in the poshest voice possible 

"o shut up," he says hitting me with the tea towel on his shoulder, I hit him back and we begin a towel war. The bell on the door rings as someone walks in and we both continue hitting each other paying no attention to the customer walking in AHEM the man says trying to get my attention and I look up to see... 

A/N I know this is a short chapter but I just wanted to introduce the main characters. the other chapters are going to be a lot longer. Please feel free too put suggestions and things you would like to see and a quick thank you to @notmariareynolds on tik tok because I wouldn't've started writing this without her. But yeah feel free to comment suggestions and criticism and I'm sorry for the really short chapter byeeeeee.