Chapter 4

I wake up as normal and head to the coffee shop a lot earlier than normal since Tom increased them after I asked him too. I make sure to pack my laptop and notebook since it has my notes in them for the changes I thought of for Lin. "Jesus I can't believe we-" the tube stops and I head out and start walking towards the shop, thinking about what happened yesterday.

"hellooooooo" I say walking in. I pick up my apron and tie it around my waist, 

"look whos here on time," Tom said with an eyebrow raised. 

"what do you mean I'm always on time," I say threatening to hit him with my tea towel. 

"ah don't do that you know how it ended last time," he says winding up his tea towel. 

"stop I'm sorry," I say flinching. 

"that's what I thought" we continue to get the shop ready and start wiping down the tables ready for the customers. 

"you still up for dinner tonight YN". oh shit I forgot about that, Tom invited me to dinner to celebrate getting the job from Lin. 

"yeah definitely," I say trying to hide the fact that I forgot "where are we going" 

"it's a surprise we can go when we close up" 

"sounds like a plan" I continue to finish cleaning the tables.       

The day goes by pretty quickly and I'm just about to pack up when Lin walks in. "oh hi I wasn't expecting you to be here" I say turning red. he chuckles at my nervousness. 

"well, it is a coffee shop". He asks for a black coffee again, I make it and give it to him. "have you finished work yet I want to talk to you" he says surveying me like before. I look at Tom to see if I can go. 

"yeah just meet me back here when you're finished". I finish cleaning and head outside to Lin, he leads me to a small book store and we start talking about the changes I've thought of. 

"so the rap right at the beginning for Hercules" 

"yeah.." Lin says moving closer to putting an arm around me. 

"um...   think we could put that during Yorktown, it would work better their, more, dramatic," I say blushing because of how close he is to me. We carry on talking about some changes to the play and he starts talking about casting. 

"so do you have any suggestions about casting certain people, I think I have Eliza covered." 

"no not really I don't know that kind of stuff," I say still nervous. 

"can you sing," Lin says still with his hand over my shoulder 

"not really", if I ever got the part in the play I would want to be Maria but that's beside the point. 

"Well while we're doing auditions can you come along so I can get your point of view", as Lin says that he begins to get closer to me, I take a gulp. 

"Yeah that's fine" 

"perfect" Lin whispers, the heat in his voice runs chills down my spine. He's millimetres away from my lips I move my head forward to close the gap but he pulls away smiling at me. "your amazing" he whispers while standing up. "right I need to go, I need to change the script" he says standing up putting his coat on. I stand up and head towards the shop to meet Tom.