Chapter 12

We got to the theatre a little late this morning when we walked in almost everyone was already changed into their costumes. 

"Were just going over the songs today guys you don't have to be in costume" Lin said. Everyone groaned and trailed to their dressing rooms, leaving me, Lin and Pippa. I don't know why but it always felt weird being alone with the two of them like I wasn't meant to be there. 

"YN can you come and help me with my hair" I followed Daveed to his dressing room willingly to get out of the weird situation I built up in my mind. He was in his Lafayette gear and all he needed to do was take his hairband out. He starts to take off his jacket and his top to put on his normal clothes, I stand by the door surprised by his physique. It's kind of intimidating, "you like what you see huh" I snap my head to the side to stop looking at him and he laughs. Walking up to me he moves my head back to him, I look him up and down and my heart rate quickens. Our eyes meet and we kiss, I shouldn't I can't do this to him but close my eyes and continue anyway. He switches to my neck much like Lin did the first time we- a knock on the door makes both of us jump. 

"you guys in there were ready to start practising," Lin says 

"Yeah I'm just getting dressed" Daveed shouts in between kisses, he manages to put his shirt on and slides into his joggers. Opening the door Lin points out that his shirt is on inside out. I bury my head into my hand as Daveed puts it on correctly I follow Daveed out of the room and look down at the floor somehow hoping Lin doesn't see me. We all head towards the group who are waiting for us. 

"Have a nice time you two" Oak says raising an eyebrow at the two of us. 

"shut up Oak," Daveed says punching his shoulder after he wiping his lips, making sure theirs no makeup on them. They all start to sing through the play, during helpless I noticed everyone had stopped to so I look over to see what was going on when I did everyone was already looking at me.

"did you want to join in," Lin said sarcastically. Turning red I realized I was singing Pippa's part to myself. 

"what it's a good song" everyone started laughing and Lin called a break. He instantly walked over to me. 

"you can sing huh?" he seemed surprised at my voice. 

"I guess, " I say shrugging off the compliment.

"Why didn't you say anything" Lin almost looked offended at my response. 

"you didn't ask" as I said that Daveed walked over and planted a kiss on the side of my head and continued to walk with Oak to the table they normally sit at. As he walked away Lin practically burned holes in the back of his head with his eyes. Lin turns back to me and we continue to talk. 

"well we do need an understudy for Pippa and Jazzy," he says with a smile slowly spreading across his face. 

"Really," I say raising my eyebrows at him, I look around to see if anyone was close to us "you just want an excuse to be closer to me" 

"so what if I do you can't blame me" I roll my eyes and look back at Lin. "let me see what everyone else thinks" Lin stands up and starts to speak to everyone "guys break up I want to get to the second act today" they all walk back to their group and Lin asks the question "What do you guys think about YN being an understudy for Pippa or Jaz". The group all started talking at once, but I quite couldn't make out what they were saying. After a while they all started to sing again and dismissed Lin's question. "okay jazzy we can play now" 

"YN come over were playing never have I ever" Jaz shouted. I made my way over and sat next to her since that was the only chair free in the circle. "we're doing this with water, by the way, YN Lin won't let alcohol in practice" Jaz said narrowing her eyes at Lin. "right ill go first, never have I ever kissed someone in this room" Me, Jaz, Anthony, Daveed, Lin and Pippa all took a drink. As we did both Lin and Daveed looked over at me. God this could get complicated. 

"me next" Pippa said eager to ask a question "never have I ever lied to my boss" no one drank surprisingly.

"my turn" Daveed sat for a bit thinking about what to say "never have I ever" I took a sip of my drink waiting for his answer. "had sex on a train" I choke on my drink and it went up to my nose. everyone laughed at my reaction. I quickly look over at Lin and see his hand over his mouth covering his smile. 

"What kind of question was that," I say wiping water off my top. Daveed shrugged his shoulders and no one drinks again, Oak starts the next question. 

"lets spice thing up a bit, never have I ever kissed two different people in twenty-four hours" everyone drinks "three people" me, Lin, Jaz, Daveed, Oak and Anthony continued "four" Lin, Jazzy, me and Daveed drank. "really? how about five" only me, Lin and Daveed drank. "OMG six" only me and Daveed were left. Pippa hit Lin's arm 

"about time," she said everyone looks expectantly at me and Daveed as Oak continues. 

"seven" we both stop drinking and look at each other confused. 

"six huh" Daveed said tilting his head to the side. 

"yep," I say mirroring his movements. 

"nice" 

"I think that's enough for today" Lin stands up and to leave and everyone else follows. I make my way home with Lin and Pippa. 

"I think I might go straight to bed I'm so tired," I say walking into the house. Trying to avoid questions about the game we played.  

"remember YN we have a day off tomorrow so you don't have to get up early" I make my way to my room and go to sleep.