Chapter 23

"Change is the law of life

"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future"

John F. Kennedy

I arrived sa dorm, and greeted by a fierce looking Kenneth. Well? He's early ha.. Nawa'y lahat maaga.

"What happened?" I asked him he showed me his arms.

"This happened." I saw his arms and it's full of scratches. Gosh. This blunt guy..

"Oh my.. Kenneth, are you okay?"

"Do I look like i'm okay to you?" He asked and I jolted in fear. Is he going to kick me? I hope not, my taekwondo skills aren't ready this moment. 

"Ugh, asan mo bayan na-get?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

"From that pusa of yours." He pointed at the cute cat I just got yesterday pa ata? Or last week? I don't remember na.

I gasped, learning that those scratches, were from the cat. "Ehh, well, sorry po."

"Just return it to the street where we found it.. You cannot even take care of it 24/7, it will just surely starve and get bored" he honestly said and I frowned.

"Ugh, for the millionth time, she's a girl!" I protested amidst his concern.

But he has a point. Well he is right, I am not a responsible pet owner. And I don't have that much time, I'm a busy law student  "Well, maybe.."

"I'll just return her. Ugh, be happy." I told Kenneth with a not so hapoy tone.

"What the? I am not forcing you girl." he said and I scrunched my face.

"Do not talk to me like you talk to Cath."

"I don't talk to my best friend like that, I talk to her with care, duh." He rolled his eyes and I walked away. Kenneth is so cliche, I can't handle it.

I hate his presence, honestly.. It brings me misfortune somehow.

"I cannot understand that mindset of yours!" He shouted but I kept walking away from the dorm.

Now that I am returning this kitty, he is still fussing. What's he up to right now? What's his another demand?  For my time to actually leave the dorm as well? 

I don't give a damn to you mr. Kenneth. I'm pretty much tired, and worn out. I can't wait to travel with my friends and spend some time in my hometown.