Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Authors Note: OMG SORRY GUYS I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE A MONTH IVE BEEN SOSO BUSY!!! THANK YOU FOR STILL STAYING WITH ME THOUGH YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! ;3

Nialls P.O.V

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to. If I let you know-“ I sing out while strumming my guitar before a loud knock on my door interrupts me. I look towards the direction of the door and gently place my guitar on the floor in front of me. I haven’t been out of my flat in weeks considering the circumstances with Maddie and all; I’ve been too depressed to go anywhere. On my way to the door I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror; my blonde hair sticks up and I have bags under my eyes. I grunt and open the door, not even bothering to look through the peephole. My heart stops. It’s Maddie. She half smiles at me; It looks like she’s been crying. I rub my eyes to make sure I’m not imagining my love in front of me.

                “Maddie.” I whisper, still not believing she was standing in front of me. I haven’t seen her in so long, just seeing her makes me think of everything that happened with us.

                “Hey, Niall.” She says not looking me in the eyes but everything around us. She takes a step forward. “I need to talk with you, it’s really important.” I nod.

                “Yeah, of course!” I let her slide past me into my messy living room. I gently close the door listening to the click. She stands in the middle of the room looking at all the food wrappers, smiling.

                “Do you not have a garbage can or something?” She looks to me and chuckles. I shrug.

                “Don’t really use it.”

                “Apparently not.” She laughs and sets her purse on my couch. I walk toward her and wrap my arms around her, squeezing my eyes tight and burying my head in her neck.

                “I missed you so much.” I mumble into her. I feel her arms wrap around my neck pulling me closer.

                “I missed you too, Ni.” She softly plants a kiss on the top of my head. Slowly pulling away she cups her soft hands around my face. I put mine on top of hers and close my eyes, savoring the moment. I feel her hands leave me and I slowly open my eyes. Her eyes start to become glassy with tears and I feel a tug at my heart.

                “What’s wrong?” I ask reaching out my hand to hold hers.

                “Did you use… protection when we…?” My eyes widen. Why is she asking me this?

                “Em, why?”

                “Just answer the question Niall.”

                “Uh…”

                “Did you?”

I don’t answer. I feel my head fog up as I stare at her. Why is she asking me this now? Could she be…? No. Stop Niall. There’s no bloody way.

                “Please tell me you did, because if you didn’t I swear to god…”

                “Maddie.” I grab squeeze her hands. My heart is pounding against my chest. I watch her tears stream down. I sigh and rub my head. “No, I didn’t. That was the last thing on my mind when we…”