Chapter 7

Sorry it's kind of short! But i hope you like it!

-Madiemoo <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7:

I wake up to an empty bed. I sit up and turn on the lamp next to me. The room is pretty clean; Niall must have cleaned it before he left. Speaking of Niall, I think I’m developing major feelings for him. He seems to be into me as much as I’m in to him. The vibrating of my phone startles me, I pick it up and unlock the screen. It’s 10 o’clock. I have 7 text messages.

From: Simon Cowell

Terrance told me what happened… You have the next couple days off to get some rest. Caitlyn is in Wolverhampton for a couple days too, she had a radio interview. Feel better.

From: Justin Bieber

Hey! I came to London earlier than I thought! I would love to meet up with you whenever you are free! Text or call me for details!

From: Justin Bieber

I heard you were sick! I had no idea! I hope you feel better! ):

From: Caitlyn Is Amazing

I stopped by your room when you were still sleeping and Niall was leaving. Left you a Carmel frappe in the fridge and a breakfast sandwich too. And what was up with Niall? He seemed nervous/stressed when he was leaving? Text me soon, love you.

From: Liam Payne

I hope you feel better! Niall told me that you were sick! Get some rest! (:

From: Drew Barns

Hey, haven’t heard from you in a while! ANSWER YOUR PHONE!

From: Kitty Cat

Feel better love!

Not one from Niall… Maybe he was busy. But then again, he would have texted me anyway. Whatever, I don’t want to be clingy or anything. I text back Justin.

To: Justin Bieber

Thank you! I’m actually feeling much better! But I don’t think I should be going out that much, I might still be sick! I’ll give you a call when I can!

He quickly replies:

From: Justin Bieber

Okay that totally fine! Get some rest! I’ll ttyl! Bye Maddie (;

I sigh, putting my phone down, and turning it off. I get up and go straight to the bathroom. I stand in front of the mirror for a while looking at myself, I look just like my mother, which makes me cringe. Remembering the memories of her makes my heart ache. Just thinking about her sends shivers down my spine.

**Flashback**

“Eat it.” Her rotted teeth show through smile. Her evil, hated filled smile.

“Please, I-“

“Eat it. NOW.” She cuts me off, putting the ammonia filled teaspoon closer to my mouth. I keep my mouth closed tight. She drops the spoon on the ground, causing the ammonia to spill all over the bathroom floor. I continue to sit still as possible on the lid of the toilet, pleading with my eyes to my mother. Her dry, wrinkled hands move toward my mouth, pulling my lips apart. She moves one hand off, toward the bottle of ammonia, spilling it every which way, into the spoon. I try my hardest to pry her hands off my mouth, but she’s too strong. She shoves the spoon down my throat. The liquid burns going down. I feel my stomach tighten as I hunch over the tub trying so hard to puke it up, but she grabs my hair and drags me out of the bathroom into the kitchen. She sits me down in the chair while I’m still coughing and gagging. A gun sits in the middle of our kitchen table as she takes a seat straight across from me. She has a bottle of alcohol in her hand. She grabs the gun, loads it and points it at me. I freeze. I don’t breath, I don’t blink, I don’t do anything that might make her angry. I don’t know what I did wrong to set her off like this. One moment I’m scrubbing the floors, the next I’m being kicked, slapped, and punched. I knew she was drunk, she’s always drunk, I have never seen her NOT drunk… But this is not the worst that she’s ever done to me.

**End of Flashback**

Tears stream down my face. Those memories scarred me for life. I remember Caitlyn’s mom adopting me right after my mother died. She died of alcohol poisoning. Caitlyn had no idea what was going on before that, but then she started notices bruises and burns all over my body. It also made her suspicious that I never invited her over my house or mentioned my mom. That was at the end of seventh grade, I’ve been living with them since. Mrs. Foxx is my new mother. She’s a true mother, the mother that I never had. I still remember the night after my mom died, spilling everything out to her and Caitlyn.  All I ever wanted was someone to love, and care for me… I never got that from my mom.

2 DAYS LATER

I stare at my phone waiting for him to text me. By HIM I mean Niall. He hasn’t talked to me since the night he spent the night when I was sick. I tried texting him but he never responded. Did I do something wrong? Was it something I said? I have no idea.

I’ve been bored out of my mind since Caitlyn’s been gone, and the boys weren’t answering their phones. Thinking about this makes my eyes water. My phone vibrates with a new text message, but not from Niall, it’s from a number I don’t recognize. A picture message. I open it right away to find a picture of a blonde haired boy and a dark haired girl…kissing. I finally realize who they are. It’s Niall and Demi Lovato. There’s a date at the bottom, the day before yesterday’s date. This picture was only taken two days ago. I feel the tears go down my cheeks. I drop my phone and run out of room, leaving the door wide open. I bawl my eyes out down the lobby stairs until I accidently slam into someone, making me lose my balance. I lay fall flat on the floor with the body on top of me. A male body. His head tilts up to look at my face. It’s Justin Bieber. What is he doing here? He smiles up at me but then quickly frowns when he sees that I’m crying. He helps me up and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“Maddie! What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He wraps his hand around my body before I can say anything. I open my mouth to speak but instead tears come out of my eyes. I sob in his shoulder. He pulls back and looks into my eyes.

“C’mon. Let’s go to your room and we can talk about it.” He guides me toward my room. Once we’re there, he closes the door and sits me down in a chair. He sits across from me, on the edge of my bed, holding both of my hands.

“What happened?” He asks with sorrow in his eyes. I just shake my head and point to my phone that’s lying on the floor. I bury my head in my hands. I hear his get up and walk over to get my phone. I look up at him. He stands there with the phone in his hands, shaking his head in disgust.

“What a douche bag.” He sets the phone on my dresser and walks back over to me. “I’m so sorry. I really am. You deserve way better than him.” He half smiles and then pulls me into his arms for a hug. He holds me there for a long time, rubbing my back while I cry into his chest. I feel him kiss me on the head.

“What are you doing here? Why did you come here?” I ask in a mumble, not leaving my position in his arms.

“I wanted to surprise you.”He replies. His voice is soothing. I close my eyes.

“I’m sorry… I ruin everything.” I feel him pull back. I open my eyes. He looks at me with sadness. His big brown eyes shine as he licks his lips.

“YOU didn’t ruin anything. HE did.” He studies me. My eyes immediately meet the ground. I can’t look at him; I’m too ashamed of the weakness I’m showing. He gently tilts my head up at him with his two fingers.

“Thank you Justin… For being here with me. You’re a good friend.” I say while I wrap my arms around his neck for a hug.

“Can I be a best friend?” he asks, trying to lighten up the mood.

“Absolutely.”