Chapter 1

I LOVE my bestfriend @Kaytlin1234 !!!  Stay with me as i write!

-Madiemoo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

“Upload complete!” I declare. I’m talking about our YouTube video. We just posted I Want by One Direction. 

“Coolio Julio.” Caitlyn says as she plops down next to me on her bed. I look at her with fake disgust.

          “That’s racist.” I take the laptop off my lap and run fake crying to the bathroom. I slam the door and curl up in a fetal position on the floor and rock back and forth. I’m Mexican by the way. I hear her knock on the bathroom door and open it slowly.

          “Get your butt up. You got an email.” She hands me my IPhone. I sit up and enter my username and password. I see an email from Syco Records. I stand up and Caitlyn looks over my shoulder.

          “It’s from a… record company.” I say. I read the first sentence and then I feel my heart race. My mouth drops open. Caitlyn look at me with confusion.

“What’s wrong with your face? Oh wait, that’s your normal face!” She starts to crack up. I smack her in the arm.

“Caitlyn. We have an email from SIMON COWELL!” I yell. She stops laughing and stares at me.

          “Bull crap.” She takes the phone from my hand and reads the email out loud. I sit down. My heart is about to pop out of my chest. This can’t be happening. The email says:

Madison Florez and Caitlyn Fox,

          I have looked over your singing on YouTube and I have to say I am very impressed. You two are very talented young ladies. The people who showed me your videos, are the young men of my new band, you may know them by the name One Direction. The boys seem very impressed by your voices and gave me the idea to talk to you about starting a singing career. I would be very happy to talk more with you about this. Give me a call at 562-115-SIMON or contact me at Syco Records. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Signed,

Simon Cowell

Syco Records

Caitlyn stares at my phone for a moment in shock. I start to laugh. She looks at me and then joins me. I get up and jump around the bathroom cheering, screaming, and crying. I hear running footsteps come toward the bathroom. It’s Caitlyn’s mom, Janet.

          “Why are you girls crying? What’s wrong?” She asks with concern. Caitlyn sits on the floor crying her eyes out and I keep jumping around. I throw her my phone for her to read. She reads it over with a raised eyebrow. She sighs.

          “Are you freaking kidding me? Here I am, expecting a serial killer to be chopping you up into pieces. This is a fake email.” She hands me my phone. I shake my head.

          “No it’s not! See!” I say while I point to the screen. “That’s his phone number! He wants us to call him.” She looks at it for a second and then takes out her phone and dials the number. Caitlyn shoots up from her position on the ground, to right next to her mom. I do the same. Janet puts the phone on speaker. It’s ringing.

          “It’s probably not even a real number. It’s-” Before she can finish her sentence, we hear a man on the other line with a deep British accent.

“Hello?” Janet asks. Her eyes widen.

“Hello, who is this calling?” I hear the man ask.

“Uh, this is Janet Foxx I’m Caitlyn Foxx’s mother. Who is this?”

“Oh! Janet it’s so nice to speak with you! This is Simon Cowell from Syco records. I assume you have read the email that I sent to one of the girls. Madison Florez, correct?”

“Yes, that would be her. Why did you contact her? You’re interested in their singing?” She asks.

“Indeed I am. I would love to get together with the girls and talk to them about making a career out of it. If their interested I will send four tickets to my record company, Syco Records in London, Great Britain for next week. What do you say Mrs. Foxx?”

Janet is silent for a moment. I think she’s in shock. She looks back and forth between Caitlyn and I. We nod are heads vigorously, telling her to say yes.

“That sounds amazing.” She finally says. Me and Caitlyn squeal in each other’s arms. Janet walks out of the room still talking to Simon about the plane situation and how long we would be there and stuff.

“Oh my god. OH. MY.GOD. Maddie, ONE DIRECTION likes our singing. ONE DIRECTION.” Caitlyn picks me up and swings me back and forth.

“Stop! I can't even talk about it right now. I’m about to have a freaking heart attack.” I jump out of her arms and run to her room. I throw my body onto her bed and scream into her pillow. This can’t be real. There is no way. I can’t believe this. We’re going to become famous!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note:

LA LA LA LA! I’m singing!!! Haha thanks for reading! I hoped you likes it! (: