iv

iseul didn't get a wink of sleep last night. all she heard was arguing and objects being thrown around downstairs while her siblings were all sleeping in her room.

she didn't trust them being alone with those two being like that downstairs. they slept with her in her bed and not only that, she had class today as well.

she slowly removed herself from the bed trying to not wake up the boys. it was finally quiet downstairs at 5:49 am. dressing quietly before doing her morning routine.

joonwoo woke up by the time she came back into the room waiting patiently for her. she went towards him to give him their good morning hugs.

she dressed them up quickly before dropping them off at their school before making her way to her two classes today. 

hoping and praying that hei ryong will be treated better for today. she had to go do that horrible job or else she would most likely die.

iseul walked the rest of the way to her nearby college. it was a 20-minute walk and she could really use the cold morning to wake her up more.

"good morning, iseul!"

iseul looked behind to see a student she talked to yesterday, areum. it was a human girl who had asked to borrow a pencil from iseul.

"morning." iseul replied.

"what classes do you have?"

"art and film."

"that's unfortunate, i have biology today. i'll see you around!" areum ran off to someone who seems to be her boyfriend.

iseul walked into campus hearing whispers everywhere she went. oblivious to them as they were about her, she made it to her art class. the first one in the classroom alone with the professor.

iseul sat by the window and waited for class to start. the girl laid her head on her arm as she fluttered her eyes closed for a moment.

renjun and jeno walked into the little filled classroom, scanning the room as he looked for somewhere to sit. 

his eyes landed on the girl whose face was lightly covered by her hair. the morning rays making her delicate features shine and it looked as she had a halo above her head.

jeno walked past him and quickly taking the seat next to the angel excitedly. iseul turned her head around to face the smiley boy grinning widely at her.

she lightly returned the smile before closing her eyes not trying to waste any precious time to sleep.

sighing, she fluttered her eyes open hearing more students coming in not wanting them to see her sleeping.

the girl felt many hard stares and whispers. facing front she saw renjun sitting in the seat in front of jeno. 

jeno taking notice of the gossip of the said girl beside him made him frown.

"can you shut the fuck up for once? geez." iseul eyed jeno who only then stared back at her. the sudden eye contact threw her off and she looked away first feeling intimidated.

despite his attractive adorable eye smile, his stare was very intimidating. he's a demon forsure and iseul had to remind herself that.

renjun who witnessed everything that happened watched quietly as he stared at jeno. jeno hasn't been like this since everything that happened a year ago. he faced front as he didn't want to have unwanted memories resurface.

meanwhile, iseul was thanking jeno in her mind and noticed that no one wanted to be near renjun.

no one dared to even take a seat near him within six feet. social distancing at it's finest and iseul was honestly happy he sat near her for once.