xvii

iseul didn't even bother to tell sora or jisung where she was heading. she drained herself too much to teleport and went to her room. 

she quietly opened the window and jumped out to fly out to her set destination.

knowing what she was doing was stupid, but iseul didn't have it in her to stay home. it was dangerous but she couldn't be home.

renjun and jisung's words constantly playing like a record in her head making it impossible for her to even focus on doing anything else.

the moon was barely a crescent tonight but she was slowly feeling more energetic than the other night on the new moon.

what did renjun mean by she was going to be his one day? it made no sense to the angel.

no matter how many scenarios she came up with, it just didn't have a positive result.

an angel and demon cannot be together no matter what in this world. it was impossible to anyways and they'll both be cursed upon their gods.

iseul was nearing her spot where she had found out renjun was a prince when she saw more than one person there.

iseul quickly lost balance and descended down into the ground. it was renjun with their- his friends together sitting down.

renjun was leaning up against a tree with his arms across his chest and eyes close, donghyuck and jeno were throwing rocks down the cliff, and chenle was touching his phone while humming quietly.

'fuck' left her mouth and she knew that renjun most likely already caught onto her presence.

he slowly opened one eye and looked around him before taking a deep breath and stretching.

"why did you guys follow me out here?" renjun questioned his fellow roommates.

"to get things off my mind." donghyuck said as he threw a pebble over the edge. he sounded as if he hadn't eaten at least once in almost two weeks.

"i wanted to enjoy the moonless nights" jeno stated as he continued to throw rocks with donghyuck.

chenle was in his own little world not even bothering to answer renjun's question. he glanced over to the spot where iseul was hiding and shaking his head.

he took a seat beside them and decided to use this time to his advantage and to just hang out.

the others didn't take notice of iseul's presence yet. he nudged donghyuck's arm to get his attention.

"hyuck." he said softly knowing he was still was upset with the unknown reason if iseul not wanting to be friends anymore.

donghyuck ignored him and continued to throw rocks at the end of the cliff. he didn't want to talk right now.

renjun decided he will do something he hasn't done in a long time, hug him.

he put one arm around his shoulder and patted his arm. donghyuck eye's wide open then soften. he instantly put his head down on his shoulder and settled into his spot.

"it's not like you to be so grumpy and sad all the time." renjun started out looking away from him.

"i don't know why i'm like this either and it makes me confused and upset?" the sound of the pebble rolling off the edge was the only thing being heard.

renjun slowly released his grip on donghyuck before the grip on his arm didn't let go.

"don't leave yet-" donghyuck whined out trying to enjoy the moment longer. renjun almost never hugged unless he felt like it or allowed it now.