xvi

iseul and jisung were standing across from renjun who was surrounded by his fire.

"iseul what is he talking about?" jisung whisper yelled in her ear.

iseul didn't understand what he wants out of her nor does she know what it is. all these people always wanting to get something from her made her feel drained.

"i don't know but please leave! it's dangerous and i can handle him by myself, okay?" iseul comforting words calmed down jisung's nerves.

jisung turned iseul around to face him. iseul let loud a yelp as jisung looked deeply into her eyes for the first time since he never made eye contact for more than two seconds.

"promise me you'll come back alive?"

jisung stared with worry and sternness to the elder angel. iseul lost her train of thoughts as she was more concerned about the demon behind.

"jisung ple-"

"promise me! please.. if you do i'll leave. you can't leave behind your student." jisung tried to joke leaving iseul in disbelief.

he still had the audacity to make a joke at times like this.

"this isn't the time to be talking about that!?" her confused tone came out and it made him smile. he got her to calm down.

"promise you'll come back." jisung stuck out his pinky finger for her to latch on. iseul quickly wrapped her pinky around his before urging him to hurry up out.

"i promise, now go." iseul rushing him behind her to hide her pink cheeks.

that was the first she had ever pinky promised someone and it was embarrassing to say the least.

jisung lightly chuckled and finally teleported away. iseul and renjun were finally alone. iseul could finally put her full attention onto the demon.

"i wonder what it is that makes you so appealing to the others." he cocked his eye up.

they both continued to stare each other down waiting for one or the other to say something.

he took a few steps to close the distance between them until they were about 3 feet from each other.

she was too pretty for him to resist seeing from up close. he still didn't like her but that doesn't mean he couldn't find her pretty.

iseul shifting uncomfortablely from the closeness of them and spoke first to answer his question.

"i have no intentions of telling you more information of me." she boldly said while making eye contact.

"okay i guess i'll just wait."

"i said i'm not going to- wait what." renjun caught iseul off guard with his response.

"yeah-" he shurrged and nonchalantly said with his arms crossed over his chest.

iseul continued to stare at him longer to see if he's being sarcastic or being serious.

she never really cared in the first place or understand renjun. he was a complicated person from meeting him from the times they've interacted.

all he does is ignore her and act like some cool guy, most of the time. he doesn't even acknowledge her existence most of the time so why should she allow him to know about her?

he gave up that easily too? iseul knew better that he wouldn't just do that.

"let's try to be mutual at least?" iseul stuck her hand out in front of him for him to shake.