viii

"oh.. you're the crown prince." iseul whispered but his heightened hearing could hear her words. how could she not have realized when she studied the royal family.

"could you not bring that fucking title up?" renjun already had a constant reminder about being the crown prince all the time. he didn't need it to be brought up- especially right now.

"can you just get out of my sight? i don't need you to piss me off more than you already have." his patience for today was already down the drain from the events from earlier.

his arms were crossed above his chest as he continued to wait for the angel to leave. this was his spot and land anyway.

"did you meet with the princess from the air kingdom?" iseul brought up. renjun instantly looked towards her direction as she mention the air kingdom.

"how do you know that the air kingdom was here?" renjun questioned with his brow rised.

iseul face noticeably dropped at his words and her breathing quicken- she fiddled with her fingers before taking a breath in.

"i- well, we may have spoken-"
renjun teleported right in front of her again before staring down at the smaller girl.

his cold hard gaze pierced into her head as her breath hitched in her throat and her voice seemingly unable to speak. he was way too close for her own personal liking.

the dominance that renjun was radaiting off onto the angel cause her to freeze as she didn't dare to give into the demon.

"what do you mean you may have 'spoken' to the damn girl?" his voice was low and laced with impatiences as he growled out.

iseul mind was running with countless thoughts as to make up a lie as to why she conversed with the princess, but to her advil, she came up with none.

the demon grabbed her chin and turned it up to him so he could see her face better.

"would you look at me when i'm talking to you?"

iseul was forcibly looking up at the demon who had an annoyed look on face waiting for her answer.

"she only asked for help but didn't say where she was heading."
"you're so useless for a pathetic angel." he spat out and ran his hair through his hair.

iseul kept her stoic face as best as she could when those words actually killed her inside.

he wasn't completely wrong about her being a useless angel. she just smiled bitterly at the thought.

iseul's head started throbbing as usual after her 'work' side came up, she instantly dropped to the ground.

hissing in pain while trying to see as her vision would become dark, she gripped onto her head while blinking hardly.

this would always happen but iseul didn't know how to control it or help herself. some days it would be worse than it was today.

her vision starting to come back, iseul got up slowly before turning around once more to face the demon who had been watching her the whole time. he held no ounce of empathy or care and just watched her in pain. 

"sorry.. don't stay out too long. it's going to be cold at night." iseul quietly said before turning around about to jump off the ledge.

iseul quietly scolded herself as demons didn't get cold. she was rambling nonsense at this point and she knew he could hear every bit of it.

a huge bird came flying towards iseul before landing on her arm. it held a letter tied around its claw waiting for her to take it.

iseul gently petted the bird's head before giving it a treat. she smiled at it before moving her arm outwards.