14

"Matlab.. uss din amardeep jyoti ke samne hum pehli bar mille after 3 years??" Rajveer asked.

"Haa... Uss din Hospital ke baad hum academy me pehli bar mile," Naina nodded.

" That's why you said your name was 'Naina Ah Singh'... Now it makes sense," Rajveer nodded.

"Yaar Naina, tune kaise sambhala hoga apne apko?" Pooja had tears in her eyes.

"Apne dil pe patthar rakhna para tha," Naina sighed.

"Guys, I think abhi hume jana chahiye. Bohot raat ho chuki. Major Bhargav ya phir Major Nair ne dekh liya ke hum lights out ek baad bhi bahar hai to bohot bari musibbat hojayegi. Kaal subah hum Naina se baat kar lenge," Yudi advised after a while.

"Yudi sahi kar raha hai. Ab yum sab ko sone jana chahiye," Rajveer added.

"Chal koi nehi. Phoolan, baki bate hum kaal kar lenge," Huda said stretching his arms.

"Chalo... abhi chalte hai," Shalini told them. "Good night, Captain! Good night, Naina!"

"Good night, Doc!"  "Good night, Shalini ma'am," Raina replied.

Soon, everyone left the couple alone. Naveen trailed after them with his head low. Naina started cleaning the plates and cups from the coffee table. Rajveer started helping. He was lost in thought when suddenly he heard Naina giggle.

"Has kyu rahi ho?" he asked curiously.

"Kuch yaad agaya," Naina replied with a shrug.

"Kya?"

"Did you know when we got married I only knew how to made tea and pakoras?" Naina asked with a smirk.

"Par abhi to tumhe sab kuch banana ata hai," 

"Ha.. You taught me. Shaadi ki turant baad you got transferred to Manali. Humare ghar was a beautiful two storied cottage. It was on a hill so there was only a housekeeper who would come three times a week and clean the house. I was left to cook. I would make these... burnt food and you would eat them without any complaint... but it used to make me feel really bad," Naina told Rajveer with a fond smile.

/

FLASHBACK::::

It was another dish of burned pasta on the table and Naina was glaring at it. Rajveer was keeping his eyes on his wife as he cut into his food. He had a feeling that his wife was really close to snapping.

"Aaj phir dinner jal gayi. This probably makes me a bad wife," Naina sulked, glaring at her plate.

A dim smile played around Rajveer's lips. "Good thing I didn't marry you for your cooking skills," he commented casually taking a bite.

Naina stared at him suspiciously for a minute before stating, "I don't even want to know what you married me for. It's probably something perverted,"

He chuckled and nodded. "It is," he replied with a wink.

"Don't eat that!" Naina protested, taking the fork from his hand. "Main toast bana deti hu," she said heading towards the kitchen with a pout on her face.

Rajveer followed her. He found her taking the bread out of the fridge. He turned her around. Taking the bread from her, he kept it on the counter.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. His teeth nibbled her lower lip for a second before he kissed her. It had been meant to be a little peck, but when his lips left hers again, she could practically see something spark in his eyes.