26

The ball was in full swing. Everyone was dancing or had danced with their mentors. Gunny and Aalekh had danced in 'Make some noise for Desi boyz' as they were the only mentor-protégé team that had only male members.

"Ready to start the plan?" Digvijay asked.

"Yup. You do your part and I'll do mine," Aarushi gave him a cheeky smile.

"Good luck," Digvijay told her and as the song ended, they separated. 

Digvijay went up to the stage and gestured for the stop the music. "Good evening, Mentors and proteges!" he greeted.

Aarushi bumped into Rajveer and offered him a 'sorry' with a smile. He took her hand and told her, "Careful," before turning towards the stage. Aarushi walked out of the party hall casually. Any one who saw her couldn't find anything different or strange about her.

Digvijay gathered everyone's attention by starting a speech about 'how to be a good mentor'. "Mentors are the people who help to pass knowledge and wisdom to their proteges. Apart from teaching, mentors also help in ensuring that their cadets and proteges are disciplined. That's why they often act as strict disciplinarians while teaching and training." he started. "But being strict isn't the only way to train or teach cadets... the future of our army. In my opinion, a good mentor should be one who puts their heart into teaching. This is because only by doing so will their proteges feel their passion and hard work. When a mentor strives hard for the proteges, their proteges will put in their effort as well."

For the next one LLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG  hour, Digvijay gave his speech

For the next one LLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG  hour, Digvijay gave his speech. By the end of it all, even BC looked irritated and bored. Nair was rubbing his head and shooting glares at Digvijay sneakily since all the mentors were summoned and ordered to stay on stage for the cadets to see. Students were closed to tears and just wanted it to be over. Everyone was so focused on and bored with Digvijay that no one noticed that one of the cadets were missing.

Aarushi joined the cadets casually and smiled up at Digvijay. Rajveer raised his eyebrow at her in question and she nodded slightly to tell him that part -1 of their mission had been completed. Seeing that, Digvijay decided to end his speech. 

"I also feel that a good mentor should always set good examples to their proteges. Cadets are likely to copy the behavior of their mentors and thus a good mentor has to set a good example to be emulated by the cadets. That's it for tonight everyone. I hope this will help everyone present here tonight," Digvijay ended with a flourish. 

Everyone started clapping with relief as his mind-numbing speech was over. 😂😂😂 Aarushi was giggling at everyone's reaction. Even Digvijay had to work hard from laughing seeing everyone reaction. He nodded at Aarushi and she pressed a clicker.