2

BC was in his office along with Captain Rajveer and Major Bhargav. For some reason, Cadet Naina was late and this was making the situation worse.

"Captain, kahi apki patni bhag to nehi gayi?" MB taunted.

" Major, I think you should leave. I want to discuss this matter with Captain and Cadet Singh alone. If I think it's necessary after learning everything, I'll let you know about the situation. But for now, I think you should leave," BC ordered.

"Yes, sir," MB left shooting Rajveer one last taunting smirk.

Finally after fifteen minutes, Naina knocked on BC's office door. "May I come in, sir?" She asked.

"Come in, Cadet. You're late!" BC told her, dryly as she soluted him.

"My apologies, sir. I needed to get these files," Naina informed before handing him both files.

BC didn't open either files immediately. Instead, he asked, "Cadet Singh, bahar jo dikhaya gaya hai kya wo sach hai? Are you really married to Captain Shikhawat? Do you really have a child?"

"Cadet Singh, kya wo saab sach hai? Agar sach hai to mujhe yaad kyu nehi hai?" Rajveer asked urgently.

This time Naina looked straight in his eyes and replied, "It is the truth,"

"Take a seat and explain," BC ordered them both.

Raina took their seats in front of BC. Taking a deep breath, Naina started, "Humari kahani tab shuru huyi... Jab mere bhaiya, Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia, apne ek mission se injured hoke wapas aye the. Ye baat kuch 6 saal pehle ki hai,"

"Wait a minute! Naveen Singh Ahluwalia? Tumhara bhai?" BC was shocked.

"Ji, sir. Main deshdrohi Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia ki chhoti behen hu. I will explain everything as I tell you our story further," Naina explained.

"Tell me EVERYTHING!" BC ordered.

"Bhaiya mission me injured hogaye hai ye baat sunke unki best friend, Captain Rajveer Singh Shikhawat, humare ghar aye. That was the first time we met. He stayed with us for a month and in that time when we fell in love, we didn't even realize it. Over the next several months, we maintained long distance relationship. Pata nehi kaise par bhaiya ko pata chal gaya humare bareme. Aur wo Rajveer ke rishta leke  maa - baba ke pas aye. Rajveer ki parents ko bulaya gaya aur humara rishta pakka kar diya gaya. Next time jab dono Captains ko ek saath vacation mili, we got married. We had a happy life... A very happy family. Humare shaadi ke ek saal baad hi I got pregnant. Everything was perfect. That was when Naveen Bhaiya was sent for his next mission," Naina sighed. Rajveer took her hand almost instinctively and gave her a supporting smile.

"Main shayed 30 weeks pregnant thi jab achanak maa-baba, jo mujhse milne Delhi aaye hue the, wapas Nainital chale gaye. Rajveer mission me the to mujhe kuch bataya nehi kisi ne. Ye baat mujhe bad mein pata Chala ki Naveen bhaiya uss waqt arrest hue the. Mere delivery ke 3 hafte pahle Rajveer apne mission se wapas aaye. Delivery was normal and a really happy occasion. But for some reason my parents didn't come to see me or their newborn grandson. Rajveer got suspicious and started inquiring around when he learned about bhaiya. Naveen bhaiya aur Rajveer best friends the...soul brothers. Humare bete ki janam ki 2 week baad, Rajveer left to prove bhaiya's innocence. That was the last time I saw my husband," Naina stated mournfully.

"What happened after I left? Why can't I remember any of the things you just said?" Rajveer asked desperately.

"Yes, Cadet?" BC added. He was super into the story. He wanted to know as well.

"I don't know what happened but it seemed when Naveen Bhaiya was killed, Rajveer was with him. He was attacked as well. I got the call from his commanding officer that Rajveer was in the hospital a few days after we got the news of Bhaiya's death. Waha jake pata chala ki Rajveer ki sar pe bohot gehra chot ayi hai. I was outside his room jab unhe hosh aya aur hume pata chala that he had a partial memory loss. In fact, any of his memories that I was involved in was completely wiped out. My husband didn't even know I exist! " Naina had tears streaming down her face that wiped off hastily.  "Rajveer ke thik hone ki turant baad wo out of country mission ke liye chale gaye but unke commanding officer always kept me in loop. Jab unhe KMA posting dene ki baate shuru huyi headquarters me... hume pata chala ki jisne bhi Rajveer ko marne ke koshish ki wo wapas agaya hai aur Rajveer ki jaan ko khatra hai. Tabhi maine decide kiya to join army. There was no way I would let my husband get hurt again. The first file has all of Rajveer's medical reports and stuff. The second file has copy of our marriage certificate, permission letter from military headquarters and Defense ministry for me to join army and other necessary paperwork," she finished.

BC nodded and started looking through the files. "To aap iss academy me sirf apke pati ki jaan bachane aye hai? Aur koi maksad nehi hai? " He asked after a while.

" There is, sir. I want to be what my husband is. The best soldier India has ever had," Naina said proudly.

" What's your thought on your brother the traitor?" BC asked bluntly.

" My brother was the biggest playboy in Indian history. I think the whole traitor thing happened because there was female involved and he was thinking with his... Lower head, " Naina stated dryly.

BC choked on air, while Rajveer gaped at her. Clearing his throat to hide his embarrassment, BC changed the topic. "Now that it's proved that you're Captain's wife... Would you like to stay with him in the faculty quarters?"

Both Naina and Rajveer stared at BC wide eyed in shock as their cheeks turned red. "What? B-But sir?" Rajveer protested weakly.

"Won't that be unfair to other Cadets?" Naina pointed out.

"It would've been unfair if you guys were having an affair but you're married. You have been separated for far too long and I think that's unfair. So, it's decided that you will shift to Captain's quarters immediately. I'll order Suriji to get it done in a few hours," BC beamed at the young couple. "Do you have pictures of your child? Naam kya rakkha uska?" He asked.

"Ah... Prithvi Raj Singh Shikhawat. Aur academy me phones allowed nehi hai to photos usme hai. Main printed photos saath nehi rakkhti kyu ke main nehi chahti thi ki uske jaan ko koi khatra ho," Naina explained.

BC nodded. " Good thinking. Anyways, go on and prepare to change your room," he said.

/

/

/

Still a little shell shocked, the young couple left BC's office. Rajveer could feel his cheeks warming up even more. In the last two hours, everything he knew to be true had changed. He felt guilty. He had a family... A wife... A son and he didn't even remember them. It's been 3 years since Naveen died. That means he had lost the first 3 years of his son's life. His wife had to lead her life like a single mom because he was not there for her.

"Naina? Tum kitne saal ki thi... Jab humari shaadi huyi?" He asked.

"I was 19," Naina replied, blushing.

Hearing her age, even Rajveer blushed. Clearing his throat awkwardly, he stated, "I think...we should talk. Aur main Prithvi ko dekhna chahta hu... Uske bareme janna chahta hu,"

Naina nodded with a kind smile. " Aap room me jaiye. Main thori der me ati hu. Wo mujhe apna saman samet na hai," she replied, blushing. It was like they were starting all over again.

"I'll wait for you," he said before heading towards his room.

"Thank God, tum dono ka milan ho hi gaya," huffed Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia.

"I wonder because of who we got separated in the first place," Naina snarked shooting him a glare.

" Kya yaar, Guriya! Mujhe kya malum tha ki aisa kuch hone wala hai?" Naveen whined.

" Bara bhai apni behen ki raksha karte hai. Par apne?... Apne meri zindegi barbad kar di! Apki bewakufi ki wazase I lost my husband! My son didn't even see his father! All because
of you!" Naina hissed angrily at her brother's ghost.

Naina had gone to visit that area where Naveen was killed after Rajveer's accident. Since then Naveen's ghost has been following her around. Naina never forgave him for being the reason that separated her and Rajveer. So, Naveen kept on haunting her hoping that she would forgive him someday.

/

/

/

A/N: Many big things got revealed in this chapter. What are your feelings about it so far?

Many of you wanted a ghost Naveen. So here he is. Enjoy 😜

Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote 😉😉😉