38

Naina hurried downstairs and a smile bloomed on her face. "Prithvi!" she whispered.

"Mamma!" Prithvi waved from the doorway. He went to rush inside, but was stopped by his grandma. "Leggo, gramma! I wanna huggy mamma!" he told his grandma as he tried to free himself.

"Wait, beta. Let mom do aarti of you before you get in." his grandma told him patiently.

Martha arrived with the Aarti thaal and handed it to Naina just as Rajveer came downstairs. He joined Naina as she did aarti to her parent in-laws and son. Naveen stayed upstairs, not wanting to appear in front of his nephew in Rajveer's parents' presence. Prithvi beamed at his father.

"Hi daddy!" he greeted as Naina placed a tika on his forehead. 

"Hi Champ!" Rajveer replied cheerfully.

"Gramma, leggo! Mamma's done!" Prithvi told his grandma impatiently.

Grinning, Anjali Singh Shikhawat, Rajveer's mom let go her grandson's shoulders. Prithvi didn't waste a single moment and ran to his mother. "Mamma, I missed you!" he shouted as he jumped into her arms.

Naina picked him up and hugged him tightly as tears rolled down her cheeks. Video calls didn't do justice to the real thing. Rajveer hugged and greeted his parents and apologized to them for not being there when they needed him. He was showered with hugs and kisses from both of his parents. Finally, he turned to his wife and child. 

Naina let Prithvi go and turned him towards his father. "Go say 'hi' to daddy properly." she told the little boy.

Shyly, Prithvi stepped up to his father. Rajveer knelt down and opened his arms and nodded his head. Excited at the encouragement, Prithvi jumped in his father's arms. Rajveer felt like the gaping hole in his chest got filled in that very moment.

 Rajveer felt like the gaping hole in his chest got filled in that very moment

"Papa? Apne wo dagon ko slay kal diya?" Prithvi inquired.

"Yes, baby boy. Maine aur apke mamma ne milke uss dragon ko slay kar diya." he replied placing a kiss on the side of his head.

"Yay! Then you'll stay with us now? Humale saath lahoge na? Hamesha?" Prithvi asked in his baby voice.

"Yes, beta. Ab apke daddy apke saath hi rahenge." Rajveer assured, hugging his son tighter.

Anjali hugged Naina and asked, "Tu thik hai na, beta? How are you coping with all these?" she asked, cupping her face.

Naina sighed and nodded. "Main thik hu, maa. Bas apke ladle ne pareshan kar ke rakkha hai." she complained, shooting a glare at Rajveer.

"Kyu re, ate hi meri bachchi ko pareshan karne lag gaya?" Jaiveer Singh Shikhawat, Rajveer's dad asked his son sternly.

"Papa, pati hu uska. Usse pareshan karne ka special license hai mere pas." Rajveer answered with a rogue grin.