32

Previously:::

Rajveer shook his head, completely befuddled. "Tell everything!" He demanded.

Naina nodded. "Ye baat do saal pehle ki hai... You had gone for a mission as you didn't remember anything. I had just sent Prithvi, mom and dad to USA and my parents and I were also preparing to go. Achanak ek din mujhe Col. Shakti ka call aya...." she started.

/

/

"Sir ne bataya ki unhe uss location ka pata chal gaya jaha pe bhaiya ko mardala gaya. Ussi location ki 3 km dur se tumhari injured body unhone rescue kiya tha," Naina told him before sitting down on the bed.

Rajveer joined her on the bed as he listened carefully. "Why were you looking for that location?" he asked.

"I wanted to see that place with my own eyes that snatched my happiness," Naina replied blankly.

Rajveer took her hand in his and asked, "Phir kya huya?"

"Agle hi din main aur Col. Shakti uss location ke liye rawana hogaye," Naina started with a sigh, "After two hours of trekking  through the jungle, we reached the spot where Naveen bhaiya was shot. Leaving me to collect myself, Col. Shakti went to search for clues that might help us. I was frozen in place. I could see the blood spots still visible on the trees and their leaves where Bhaiya was shot," tears streamed down her face. Rajveer tightened his hold as he listened.

Naina rested her head on his chest before continuing

Naina rested her head on his chest before continuing. "I didn't even know when I started crying. I was kneeling on the forest floor when I heard a voice I thought I would never hear again,"

"Who was it? I thought only you and Col. Shakti went there?" Rajveer inquired, confused.

A wry smile lit Naina's face. "So I thought. I didn't know there was someone already there in that forest ... waiting for justice,"

Rajveer's heart started beating fast suddenly. His heart started telling him that he was going to find out something critical in just a matter of seconds. "Who?" he asked hesitantly.

"Naveen bhaiya," Naina whispered.

"What? Kya matlab?" he asked. Now, he was confused.

"Mujhe bhi aisa hi laga tha. I was so shocked. He was in his uniform... leaning against a tree very casually...."

/

FLASHBACK::::

/

Naina got on her feet, shocked. She knew her brother was dead then how was he standing in front of her.

Naveen frowned as he stared at his sister. "Ye chuhiya, iss taraf aise kyu dekh rahi hai?" he asked himself aloud.

"Bhaiya?" Naina called out, "Aap... aap to..." she stammered.