44. Epilogue

One year later.

It was time for the final drill of  second year cadets. Their written exam had finished two days ago. Now it was time for the physical exam. Digvijay had created a special obstacle course for them for this occasion. At exactly 7.30 am, all the second year cadets reach the ground. They found Digvijay, BC, Rajveer, and Gunny already waiting for them there. Dr. Shalini had also set up nearby in case anyone needed medical help. Since Arushi also had been giving the finals with the second year cadets, she would also be taking part in this test.  

Arushi had given birth to a little girl five months ago. Digvijay had given her only one month to heal before he started her training again. Arushi was grateful as she got back into her previous shape fast due to this. And since her baby was also Digvijay's, she was able to bring her along and take breaks whenever she needed. 

Digvijay named their daughter, Drishti Suryavanshi and she was the apple of his eyes. The little girl had her father wrapped around her tiny fingers before she even knew what a father was. Digvijay was a hands on father. From changing to feeding, he did everything. He also brought his child along proudly wherever he went when Arushi would be busy with her classes or drills. That morning also he brought his daughter along. Her stroller was placed right beside the Digvijay and others. 

"Good morning, Cadets! I hope aap sab kaal achchhe se soye. Kyuke apki written exams bohot hi stressful the. But I hope aap sab mentally prepared hai for the second part of your final exam." Digvijay announced. "I have prepared a special obstacle course for you all" he added gesturing towards the field. The obstacle course took up a large area of the training field. Various types of structures were placed on the field. 

"As you can see in front of you is a very large obstacle course. This test will one focus on your balancing skills, leaping skills, ducking skills along with your strength of upper limbs, power of lower limbs and coordination. It will also access your confidence at a height." Digvijay explained.

Rajveer then stepped ahead and started explaining the next part of the course.  "First we have these different sized crates spaced apart differently working as the Stepping Stones, you have to jump from one to another. Next there's the low wall. You have to scale up and over it." he said gesturing towards the wall, "Following the wall is a series of low walls and wooden beams. You have to go over a wall then under a beam to complete this part."

Gunny joined Rajveer and started explaining the next part. "Can you see that hole high up in that wall? Well, you have to climb this 20 feet high rope to reach the hole and get through it." he pointed to each part of make the cadets understand clearly. "Then, you reach the balancing bridge. These wooden plank stops in mid air with more crates. You have to jump from them to get down. Then, as you can see, you have the low hurdles. The top log of the hurdle is 2 1/2 feet high. You may jump or vault over these hurdles to cross them."

Digvijay started explaining the next part in a dry tone. "After finishing them, you'll reach the Apex Ladder. It's an 'A' structured ladder with wooden poles evenly spaced out. You have to go up and then, come back down again." He walked up to the next course and said, "Then, there's the tire wall. It doesn't really matter how you get passed it as long as you do. You could go over or threw it, your choice."

Rajveer started explaining the next part. "Next course is similar to the indoor rock wall... except you'll be going across instead of up. This next one is similar to the first one except this time its tires. And finally you have the warped wall. Get a good run up on this one or else you'll be there all day." he said the last part with a teasing smile.

"You'll be timed on this. Whoever finishes this obstacle course faster will get the most points." Gunny announced. "Everyone understood the steps?" he asked.