3

Naina arrived to the girl's hostel only to discover Subedar Lolita and her roommate, Pooja in her room.

"Ma'am?" Naina questioned.

"Brigadier Chandok ne order diya hai ki tumhara sara saman Captain Rajveer ke room me shift kar diya jaye, " Subedar Lolita informed snidely.

" Yeah. He told me he would do that," Naina nodded.

"Get to packing then," Subedar Lolita gestured towards Naina's cupboard.

With a nod, Naina started packing her stuff. Pleased that order was being followed, Subedar Lolita left the room. Instantly, Pooja jumped at the opportunity.

"Oye Naina, kya sachme Shahrukh tera pati hai? Love marriage ya arranged? " She asked, curiously.

Naina blushed. "Love marriage,"

"Aww...main to janti hi thi ki mera Shahrukh bohot romantic hoga," Pooja beamed.

"Shahrukh ya ni mera Veeru iska kaise huya? Mera Veeru to tera pati hai," Naveen grumbled from the side. Naina shot him a glare and continued packing.

"Naina, tune kabhi bataya kyu nehi ki..." Pooja trailed off.

"Kyuke Rajveer ko kuch yaad nehi hai. Ek hadse me unhone apni wo wali wadash kho diya jiska hissa main thi. He doesn't even remember our love for each other, let alone our marriage," Naina explained with minimum details.

" Tere liye bohot mushkil huya hoga na? Dr. Shalini aur yaha tak hum saab Rajveer sir aur Dr. Ritu Mishra ko couple bolte rahe.... I'm sorry, Naina,"

"You didn't know the truth then, Pooja. It's okay," after a pause, Naina asked, "Pooja? Main to waha se chali gayi thi to maine nehi dekha. Sabka reaction kya tha iss revelation pe?"

"Kuch log shocked the, kuch log confused the aur kuch log baate bana rahe the. The usual drama. Tu chinta maat kar. Sab thik hojayega," Pooja assured. Suddenly, a mischievous smile crossed her face. "Waise Naina, aaj to phir se teri sohagraat hogi na? Rajveer sir ko pichla wala jo yaad nehi!" She teased.

"POOJA!" Naina exclaimed. Her cheeks were red due to embarrassment.

"Hayee! Tu to bilkul nayi nayeli dulhan ki jaise hi sharma rahi hai," Pooja giggled.

"Kuch to sharam kar. Teacher hai humare," Naina pointed out trying to calm her reddened cheeks.

"Teacher pehle the. Ab to jijaji bhi hai," Pooja winked. Naina just shook her head.

/

/

/

Rajveer entered his room and started pacing around. The pictures shown in the projector kept coming to his mind. He looked so happy in those pictures. They looked so in love. Now Rajveer understood why he fell for Naina so easily. His heart already belonged to Naina. It's just his brain that hadn't get the memo. Rajveer recalled that little child, Prithvi, his son. He wondered what was his son's first word. He missed so much from his son's and wife's lives. He wasn't there when they needed him the most. Rajveer didn't know if he would ever be able to forgive himself.

A knock on the door dragged him out of his mind. Thinking it might be one of the orderlies bringing Naina's things, he called out, "Come in!"

The door opened and revealed Major Bhargav instead. Rajveer was surprised to see him at his doorway. "Sir, aap?" He asked.

"BC ordered me to handover the photos I have of you and your...wife. He said as they were your personal property so you should have them," MB scowled. He was really pissed off as his plan to humiliate Rajveer and Naina had failed.