𝐈

~ billies pov ~

unedited

i'm in my zoom meeting at the moment, and i have 30 minutes to go before school is done and i can play with stormi like she's been begging me to do for the passed 2 hours.

i live in a small apartment now with just stormi and i. it's under my moms name since my mom doesn't want to emancipate me yet, so she has to pretend she lives here.

i like it here, it's pretty peaceful, besides at 12am on fridays when the teenage stoners who live right below me like to throw a "party."

not a real one, but i can definitely hear the sound of someone getting their dick sucked. one time it did get loud and i had to go down there and say something.

pretty respectful boys though, because i didn't hear anyone sucking dick anymore. "billie, can you read the paragraph on your screen please?" my teacher interrupts my thoughts.

"uhh, yeah sure." i say, blushing in embarrassment from not paying attention. i read whatever the hell she needs me to read as stormi climbs onto my shoulders.

"i see you have a little visitor with you." she muses with a slight laugh. "i- yeah, she's my daughter." i smile, sitting her in my lap.

"cute." she states, continuing with class. i mute myself again and huff. "mommy can you play now?" she asks, looking up at me. "hold on, baby. just a little bit longer and i'll play with you." i repeat for the tenth time.

"mommy i wanna play with my dollies. you can be the barbie with black hair, i want the one with the pink hair." she says, showing me the dolls she's talking about.

"alright, honey." i chuckle, taking the barbie. "i will be putting you guys into breakout rooms and you will discuss the success criteria and learning target to see what we covered for today." my teacher announces.

my heart starts to race a little, since i literally hate doing unnecessary breakout rooms. i get moved to a breakout room with a great looking girl who looks just as bored as i am.

(it's ag)

"damn, you are fine." she says in awe, sitting up a little. i blush and look down at the barbie in my hands, smiling. "uh-uhm thank you." i stutter.

"if i'm being honest with you, i wasn't even listening my daughter was bugging me about something so i don't know what we covered in class." i seethe.

"same, except i was just on my phone." she shrugs. "i don't think i saw you in school last year." i point out.

"yeah i'm new, i'm from kentucky." she mentions. "oh, good to know." i nod. "mommy can you play now?" stormi bugs.

"honey i told you mommy can't play right now, just wait a little longer." i sigh, hearing a chuckle come from the computer.

"cute kid." she compliments. "thanks, i made her myself." i say sarcastically. "can i by any chance get your number or something?" she slyly asks.

i give her my instagram and she adds me, so i add her back. before we could say our farewells, we get brought back to the main session.

"that's all we have for today, this class in concluded. have a great rest of your day and a great weekend!" i leave the meeting and close my laptop, slumping down on the couch and sighing.

"so can we play now?" stormi asks again.

lil time skip

"no, mommy. she has to drive the small car, not the big one. that's a mommy car and she's the kid." stormi explains. "oh really? what's a mommy car?" i ask with an amused smile on my face.

"a mommy car is a car only mommy's like you can drive, and a baby car is for people who aren't mommy's." she tells me, filling up my tea cup with imaginary tea.

"oh, so like the car you have?" i question, referring to her mini car she likes to ride in when we go walking in the morning. "yeah, here's your drink." she hands me the cup.

i pretend to take a big gulp and swallow. "mmm, that's great, princess. who taught you how to make tea like that?"

"you did, mommy." she smiles, showing off her baby teeth. i check the time and see that it's 3pm, and she has to take a nap before dinner.

"guess what time it is, sugar?" i quiz. "it's nap time." i disclose, causing her to start whining. "but mommy i wanna play with you!" she whines.

"but if you take a nap you can get chicken nuggets afterwards." i bribe. i stand up from the floor and pick her up and take her to my bedroom.

i lay down on my king sized bed and rest her on my chest, rubbing her back. i kiss the temple of her forehead and hum a quick tune.

i start to remember back when stormi was a little baby, and i had to take care of her by myself. stormi has never had a dad, but i tried to get her one.

i would go on bunches of dates with guys and girls, some fled after they found out i had a kid, and others fled after i gave them what they wanted; sex.

as soon as i let them have sex with me, they would be gone by the time i woke up in the morning, never to have seen them again. so i gave up, when stormi was about to turn 2 years old.

they were just like brandon. they would tell me they love me to get in my pants, only to have never meant it in the first place. it's better just having me and stormi here too, less things to take care off.

i work at taco bell on weekends, tuesdays and thursdays. after work i always bring stormi back her favorite thing, a supreme crunchwrap and a soft taco with no tomatoes, god that kid fucking hates tomatoes.

i have to split it with her though, since she can't eat all of it. stormi stays with barbie as i work so she's not here by herself. speaking of food, for dinner i'm gonna make some nachos.

i know i told storm that she was gonna get chicken nuggets, but we ran out and i don't have the money to go up the road right now to get them.

i hear a ding come from my phone and i turn my phone on silent so it doesn't disturb stormi before answering it.

ag.mcdaniel22
hey, gorgeous

me
hey ag. what's up

ag.mcdaniel22
nothing much
just thinking about if you'd like to get some food or something
safely though...

me
uuhhh sure
i have to see if my work schedule
is clear for this week

i feel storm stir around on my chest, getting comfortable as she falls asleep. i set her down under the blankets and get under with her.

i'm very fucking exhausted, from having to clean a house, go do zoom, take care of a toddler, and taking care of myself.

i set an alarm for an hour and a half as i adjust my pillows so i can sleep fine. i take my uncomfortable bra off from under my shirt and lay on my side facing storm before drifting off.

a/n
hey ahaha😏😏😏
so this book is a short story so it's not gonna last very long...and this might also be the last book i write 🥲 i do have a couple books in my drafts but i'm not sure if i'll actually upload them.