11. Hell For My Soul

The raven head felt his brain frying. Jungkook knows that he has no excuses but to own up to his behaviour. He was trying his best to be still, stern and to move past the episode which triggers him m. But, he couldn't.

Standing at the very familiar place which he chose to walk away from. 8 years passed but nothing much changed in the interior of the silver head's dark abode. The ceiling to floor glass window which used to be the raven head's favourite corner for sightseeing remained tall and proud. Perhaps a few changes in aesthetics and accessories across the year would have given the place an uplift but nothing that the younger can't point out.

He hesitated. In this place where he found love and was broken looked like it was inviting the raven head for another round of roller coaster he didn't wait in line for. Jungkook knows that whatever lies ahead is for him to take ownership of and not for others to mitigate.

The raven head stood there in a state of fear, paralysing his muscles from the top of his head to the tip of his feet. Jungkook's body was living in a state of fight or flight until a deep honey voice broke his trance.

"Are you going to stand at the doorway for the rest of the night or step inside?"

Jungkook's eyes wandered back to the silver head who was standing in the middle of the room with a questioning look. "Come on, the food is getting cold."

"Food?"

"Yea, I called you to have dinner with me, didn't I? Now come one, I don't wanna be eating cold pizzas."

Jungkook obeyed and allowed his train of thoughts to stay aside as he stepped into the labyrinth of his doom.

"You ordered them?" The raven head could see a tiny set up by the dining table. He changed the marble table to a teakwood. Jungkook can't help it but to pick and pin each change as he allowed his eyes to roam around freely. For someone who doesn't want anything to do with his past, the raven head surely can keep a tab on the memories and details.

"I hired the chef at my favourite pizza restaurant to make them fresh for us. You do love pizza right? Extra cheesy ones. With pineapples for you and without for me. I also asked for extra chilly flakes to be on yours coz I know you like spicy food."

Taehyung took his seat as he was continuously blabbering on what he had done in preparation for the dinner.

"How do you know what I like to eat and what is my spicy tolerance anyways?"

The silver head stopped talking as he raised his brows at Jungkook. "Didn't you tell me all these?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "Mr Kim, I don't recall us having a getting to know you questions explored since the day we met at your office. I certainly don't think we would have talked about the fact I like or dislike pineapples on my pizza."

The raven head's suspicion only spiked by the second with the thought about Taehyung's true intention with him. The old Tae would probably have guessed what Jungkook likes and dislikes for the time they spent with one another. This Mr Kim? He doesn't seem like the one who will even bother what the ravenette likes.

"Oh. I just sort of guessed it I think? It's not too hard to guess something pretty common like pizza toppings and spicy level preferences. Come on, sit down."

Phew, good save Taehyung. The silver head gulped as Jungkook mindlessly took his seat missing the guilty look on Taehyung's face as he was nearly caught vomiting info without thinking twice.

"So Mr Kim, to what do I owe this opportunity to have dinner with you again?" Jungkook wanted to remain calm and composed. He is trying to. It's certainly not a very calming sight with the silver head across the table, just like how it used to be years ago.