49. I Wish You Were Mine

"Taehyung?"

Jungkook opened the navy room door while he peeked inside the space. By right, the silver head is supposed to be with the gang at the golf club. When the younger walked into the mansion, he headed straight up to the third floor, towards his room. What allured him to the older's room is when he heard soft sniffles coming from the slightly ajar room.

The silver head who was faced to the other side of the room wasn't aware of the younger's presence until he heard his name from the sweet honey voice. Low and concerned.

"Taehyung?"

"Huh?" He turned around quickly, still in his working clothes as he tried to wipe away the traces of tears falling from the side of his eyes. "Jungkook. Hi." His nose was red and his eyes were puffy. He can't hide the state he is in now and it's looking pretty clear he must have cried for a very long time.

"Is something wrong?" Jungkook moved closer but enough to keep a safe distance.

"Nothing, I'm just having a bad day. That's all." Jungkook scrunched his brows at the older's word.

"Are you?"

"Yea."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm sad."

"And why is Taehyungie sad?"

The silver head's soft sniffles come to an end. He raised his eyes to match the gaze of Jungkook. He noticed how the younger is standing a fair distance away with a look of concern on his face.

"I'm sorry. It's...I mean that's how usually I used to yea..." The younger bit his tongue for the slip he made. It was the way he usually addresses Taehyung in the past when they used to date. Somehow, Taehyung tends to turn clingy and childlike when he is upset. Other than that, the older is a literal beast.

"Isokay." Taehyung sat on the edge of the bed. He can't say anything further. He was overwhelmed.

"Taehyung, I wanted to talk to you. I'm not sure if you're in the state to have a chat with me. I'm sorry if I caught you at a bad time." Jungkook looked at the older who hung his head low. He truly hated to see his ex-lover looking so defeated. Unlike the image he usually portrays.

"What is it about?" Tae wasn't about to let his emotional turmoil to stand in between Jungkook and him.

"About last night. The kiss."

Taehyung looks up, he searched for the younger's chiselled face. A sight which melted his agony and returned the touch of warmth to his cold heart. For 8 years, Taehyung was running like a machine living a life he consciously chose. He didn't know what he had to let go. Call him a coward or a risk-averse person, he can't justify the younger him who decided what he wanted at that particular time. Currently, having the luxury of clinging onto the love he once had warmed the silver head's heart allowing him to feel the guilt of letting go.

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"Can we do this somewhere else?" Jungkook didn't want to discuss matters with Taehyung at the Namjoon's house knowing that the gang could return anytime soon.

Taehyung quickly caught on Jungkook's hesitation. He nodded and requested Jungkook to give him a couple of minutes to freshen up.

"Let's go to mine?"

Jungkook nodded at that. "I'll drive. If you don't mind."

"I don't." Taehyung willingly gave away the keys to his Jaguar as the duo climbed on the vehicle, no other words exchanged. With the little bit of time he got, Jungkook did manage to pull on something comfier than his work clothes as he relaxed into the seat, one hand on the wheels while the other navigating the gears.