40. Your Face In My Mind

One week.

Two weeks.

A total of three whole weeks passed by in the split of an eye and no one seems to have the thought about revisiting the topics in the past.

Jungkook remained agile and focused on his work. Jimin was always there to aid his close friend and also as a colleague in the project while remaining in the Sydney Gardler. Hoseok took a liking to their Sydney office and stayed in the city to work alongside the raven head and his blond friend.

Jimin knows the real intention behind Hoseok's stay but he refuses to bring that on the table. Hoseok might think he is being subtle but nothing gets pass Jimin's hawk observation for he can see how worried his boss is towards Jungkook whom he loves and cared for.

Namjoon on the other hand had returned to NYC to manage the VANTE HQ in the absence of Taehyung. Jin was there to support the external affairs and as expected, Yoongi was constantly there to ensure their backs are covered and VANTE's business deals are done smoothly, both from the aspect of financial and legal.

Taehyung?

No one heard of him since the day he left the raven head's apartment. Well, you might think about his encounter with Yoongi at the park nearby. That was the last that Yoongi met Taehyung who insisted he needed some time and will return on his own accord.

He left and Yoongi didn't stop him.

Hence, the past three weeks have been going well in the absence of the silver head who stayed like a ghost in everyone's mind, maybe not so much on Jungkook's mind.

"Drink tonight?" Jimin lazed around Jungkook's office after tying all the loose ends from his part, stretching his limbs on the grey couch ushering the weekend in.

"Sure."

"Woah. That's a first." Jimin's eyes widened. He was not expecting the raven head to agree for a night out coz, to be honest, Jungkook has never agreed to anything out of the office and it's been years since Jimin had a chance to hang out socially with Jungkook.

"What? Do I look like a ghost to you? You can shrink the size of your eyes." Jungkook chuckled as he finished typing the email he was sending to his Europe clientele on a proposal. "Where are we headed to?"

"Lux."

"Cool, let's go." Jungkook shut his laptop and left it on his desk which caused Jimin to furrow his brows together. Jungkook never leaves his work laptop behind.

"Only the two of us?"

"Hobi said he will join us as well. I just need to buzz him. Wait at the elevator."

The raven head nodded while scrolling through his phone with his suit jacket flopped over his left arms and hands inside his pocket. He loosened the tie and discard it on his table, leaving a few buttons of his white crisp shirt unbuttoned. It was a perfect sexy after-work ensemble which Jungkook is pulling off without him even knowing. In case if you're wondering, he had his arms rolled up, revealing his veiny muscles as a nice little tease.

"HOBI! CODE RED! CODE RED!" Jimin barged into the MD of Gardler's office startling Hoseok who was drinking a glass of water. Thank the God of Zeus, Hoseok was not a clumsy person as a certain someone we know for he managed to tilt the glass away from his mouth without making a mess.

"Geez Jimin, you sound like an alarm. What is wrong and what the hell is code red?"

"It's Jungkook!"

"Shit, is he ok? Did something happen? Is it about Ta-..."

"Zup. Shh, do not speak of the forbidden devil's name. Shush. Anyways, it's not about the person who shall not be named. It's about Jungkook."