The Talk

Hecate's POV

Ada and I were waiting in her office with Ethel. It was currently 10:00pm but Ethel insisted we wait until midnight for any other candidates. "well Ethel Hallow, it seems you are the only applicant after all." Ada walked toward her desk and I followed. "and so, despite deep misgivings, it looks as if I will have to make you the next head." suddenly Mildred came bursting through the door nocking over Ada's broom.

"in case there were any doubt that it were she." Mildred looked up at us. "I'm applying!" "you can't you're too late." I looked at my watch. "it is not yet midnight." Ada looked at the girl. "are you sure Mildred. It is an arduous process that will test every facet of your magic." "I'm sure Miss Cackle." I raised my eyebrows at her. "and Ethel, whatever stunts you pull, whatever tricks or cheats, I'm going to beat you. And you know why?" Ethel looked at her. "because I am Mildred Hubble."

Ethel looked at her then left stopping. Mildred gave Ada her form and left. "well then, we may have a fierce competition on our hands, Hecate." "it would appear so headmistress." it went silent for a few moments. "hecate, may I ask you a question?" "of course, Ada." "what is your opinion on Miss Maryweather, seeing as the potion said you are meant to be." I snapped my head and raised my eyebrows at her.

"ada!?" "it was a simple question." "well." I looked away from her fiddling with the chain of my watch. "well, what?" "well, I may have developed certain feeling toward her with us constantly being shoved into awkward situations." "situations like what?" I looked at her, face red and she looked like she was smirking. You really couldn't tell with Ada.

"well, first was what happened outside her old classroom, second was the potion, third was when I called her ravishing, fourth was when I was crying in her arms, fifth was the fact that we almost kissed, sixth was me holding onto her and practically cuddling her while I wrapped up Arabella's hand, seven was the weird moment outside our classrooms and eight is we're she made Arabella think we're dating. Then there is also the fact that we act like things didn't happen and go back to being normal for an hour before something else happened."

Ada just sat there as I spoke quickly.
"What do you mean by what happened outside her classroom? Arabella thinks you're dating!? You almost kissed! What do you mean by what outside both you classrooms!?" Ada was even more confused. I stayed silent. "hecate?"

"I trapped Mary against a wall making her blush outside her old classroom which the girls saw which lead to the potion. Mary let her hair down and took off her coat which I thought looked really nice so I called her ravishing and then left. I had a panic attack which lead to me almost destroying my classroom which Mary heard which lead to me crying in her arms. When we were in the staff room we were having a quiet moment where we almost kissed but Arabella interrupted us by burning her hand. I practically cuddled her while wrapping up Arabella's hand which wasn't helped by the fact I grabbed onto her waist so I could be pressed against her back. Right before the last lesson of the day we had a weird moment where we just stood outside holding each others hand looking at each others eyes before we were interrupted."

I stopped to look at Ada to make sure she was actually listening. She was looking at with surprise and she appeared to still be thinking. "What about Arabella?" her voice was quiet. "well, lessons had just finished and I was sat at my desk about to start grading when I hear the door to Mary's classroom slam shut which I thought was strange so I made myself invisible and transferred into her room and I saw Arabella getting in her face which lead to me knocking over a cup paint water on myself which made me reveal myself. Arabella started getting even angrier and threatened me which Mary did not like."

"wait a minute, how did she threaten you?" "She said to Mary that she wouldn't want anything to her best friend which we knew she was referring to me and um." "and um, what?" "well, Mary may have said to Arabella that I'm not her best friend but that I'm her um." "You're her what?" Ada sounded a little concerned. "she said I'm not her best friend I'm her girlfriend." Ada looked at me with wide eyes. "then she kissed me, " I mumbled. "did you kiss her back?" "yes! That's the problem!"