A shared dream

Mary's POV

I fell asleep then I woke in a dark room I didn't recognise but felt familiar. "Hello?" I was met with complete silence. "Hello!?" I tried again expecting the same but to my surprise I was met with a "Willamina? Is that you!?" There's only one person who has ever called me by my actual name. "Mother!?" "Wilma." I see a woman running toward me.

She stopped Infront of me and we both looked at eachother with shock. "Wilma?" She placed a hand on my cheek. "Mom?." There were tears in our eyes. "You've grown so much. My little girl." "It really is you. Where are we? Where have you been? Are you alright?" "Whoa. One question at a time please." "Sorry." "No, it's fine. I'm just as excited as you." She kissed me on the forehead.

"Hello?" We both look in the direction of the noise."who's that?" "It sounded like." We walk toward the sound of a woman shouting. Once I see who it is I run and jump into her arms. "Joy!" "Mary!" She hugged me back. At that moment I realised that we were back in our own bodies. "Were back!" "We are!" "Wait, back where?" "In our own bodies." "What?" "It's a long story, mom." Joy looked at her with surprise. "Mary, this your mother!?" 

I sighed. "Mary Maryweather meet Joy Hecate Hardbroom. Joy meet Mary Maryweather." "Well met, Mary Maryweather." "No need to be so formal. Future daughter in law." We both blushed deep red as my mother smirked. "That's right I noticed." "How!?" "I don't know; the way you ran into eachothers arms, looked at eachother lovingly and had a conversation only you understand. Sounds like dating material."

We just stared at her. "You two alright?" "Yeah I'm fine." "I'm just confused. Your name is Mary and you named your daughter Maryline." "I named her Willamina but once her father divorced me he forced her to change her name to Maryline." Hecate started laughing. "What!?" "I'm sorry but, Willamina." "Blame her." "How does Wilma sound, honey." "I would say it's better than Willamina, sweety." "You even have pet names for eachother." "It happened after Joy learned I like honey." My mother just laughed to herself.

"You know something, I started dating someone two months ago. We started calling eachother pet names like four days into the relationship." We sat on the floor. "Really?" "Yeah, I noticed her fasination with plants although she can never keep them alive for long. I call her Floral." "That's cute." "She what? Sixty? and your calling her cute!?" "Your just mad I'm not calling you cute." "Well I mean!" "Anyway, you forty three so why are you complaining?" She just grumbled and I giggled.

"Hello?" We turned in the direction of the voice. We then see a short woman emerge from the darkness. "Ada!?" Joy and I shout at the same time. "You know her?" "Yes, she is the headmistress at the school we work." "Cackles Academy? I was honestly planning on moving there as the new history of magic teacher." "Really!?" "Yeah, I hope you won't mind." "Not at all, ill be quite happy working with you." "That's fantastic news." "Mary, do you really not mind me becoming your step mother if we decide to get married." "If it was going to have to be anyone I would rather it be you." "That's great news, Willamina." "Willamina?" "Don't ask."

We all then woke up. "What a way to find out your girlfriends actual name is Willamina." Is all I hear from my chest. "Will you shut up about that already." "no." I groaned. "were in each others bodies still." "it would appear so, my dear." "Hmmm. Your mum seems nice." "You mean your future mother in law." "Ugh, shut up." "When are you going to propose?" "We started dating last night." "Excuse me, we started dating three months ago." "We broke up." "No, we didn't. You lied." "Fine, I'll propose when the time is right."

"Better be soon."