What Just Happened

Hecate's POV

What just happened! Mary just kissed me and called me her girlfriend! Arabella thinks we're dating now. I just held onto Mary's waist as Arabella looked between us angrily. She eventually stopped out of the classroom and down the corridor, slamming the door closed behind her. I jumped away from her and stood in front of her.

"why in the world did you kiss me!?" I was shouting at her as she looked down. "I don't know! Why did you kiss me back!?" She shouted back at me. "I don't know! You didn't really give me much of an option!" "You could have easily pulled away or just transferred away!" "I wasn't thinking properly!" "You think I was!" She realised what she had said. "I mean, I shouldn't of done what I did." I scoffed at her. "You really care about me don't you." The look she gave me was almost pitiful, I transferred away before she made me feel even worse.

I transferred into my room. I stood looking at the mirror before feeling as if I was transferring. I was freaking out over what I had done so I just waited until I transferred to wherever this person was. I look up in surprise to see that I was sat on a chair in front of Ada's desk with Maryline sat next to me on an identical chair. Ada was looking at me cautiously. "Could someone explain to me why I am here?" I was annoyed. Maryline refused to look at me.

"Hecate, I would like to ask both of you a question." Ada was treading carefully. Judging by the wording and Maryline sudden interest in Ada I guessed that she waited until both of us were here to ask the question. "What is it, Ada?" The concern in my voice was little but was noticed by the two other witches. "Since Miss Maryweather has moved classrooms I realised that it is quite the walk from her room to her new classroom." Maryline and I waited for Ada to carry on as she was Searching for the right way to ask whatever it was she was about to ask.

"Hecate, would you be comfortable sharing your room with Mary so she does not have to as far?" We sat in silence for a while, Ada frantically looking between us. I slowly look at Maryline. She wouldn't of asked Ada to move her would she!? As if reading my mind she says almost defensively, waving her hands in the air "this was not my idea." She almost looked cute. Stop it Hecate you're still mad at her! "So what do you both say?" Ada was trying to break the tension that was so thick you would need a chainsaw to cut through it.

"How long will we be sharing a room?" My voice was quiet. "Seeing as Ethel and Enid haven't been working as fast as we would have liked, I decided that tonight I will use cleaning spells on your old classroom." She looked like she was running out of breath. "As I am sure you are both aware, cleaning spells leave residue in the air which can be harmful. The art room will need until at least until Monday to air out fully." She looked back at me and so did Maryline. "So what do you say?" Ada's voice was hopeful.

"We could give it a try, but if Miss Maryweather does not behave as I would hope. I will simply not allow her back into my room." My voice did not show any emotion as I spoke. Ada's eyes almost sparkled as she grinned ear to ear. What was she thinking? She turned to Maryline with kind eyes. "I would normally invite new teachers to have a chat with tea and biscuits after their first day but with who our candidate for new head girl is I suspect she will make us wait until midnight for any other candidates who may sign up."

Maryline almost smiled at Ada. "That is perfectly fine, Ada. There will always be other days." Maryline was back to speaking in her gentle soothing tone and I almost smiled at her because of how much I missed hearing it. I stared at her lips, at least I now knew how they tasted. To be honest, I really wanted another taste. With us practically screaming our lungs out at eachother just a few moments earlier I doubted that was ever going to happen.

"Hecate?" Maryline was looking at me with concern. Had I just been staring at her lips this entire time? I was so embarrassed! I stared at her in a mortified manner. "My dear, are you alright?" So Maryline was back to acting like nothing happened just like the first time. "I am fine." Ada looked between us smirking but also slightly worried. "Why don't go and move your belongings over to Hecate's room, dear." Ada was trying make sure things didn't escalate. Maryline nodded toward Ada and transferred herself away.

I hope having a roommate isn't as bad as people make it out to be.