The Day Long Visit

Joy's POV

When we enter we see the great wizard and Ada stood looking at us. "ah, Miss Hardbroom, Miss Maryweather right on time." "well met, your greatness." we were both perfectly in sync. "I was just about to tell Miss Cackle that I will be visiting all day, but of course I will be invisible. Seeing as catastrophic events happen when I'm not here I would like to see for myself what happens." Mary and I look at each other.

This would mean we would have to be careful as to not slip that Mary and I are together or she would be in big trouble.

" if it is alright ladies I would like to talk to Miss Maryweather alone. " I glance at Mary and she nods. Ada and I then transfer away. "I hope Mary will be alright." "I hope so to, Hecate."

Mary's POV

I watch as he gets up and walks over to me. "Are you alright?" "You spoke to me last night." "Yes, I wanted to talk to you about that." "Why?" "You were in a different room." "And? Why do you care?" "I care because you are my daughter I want to make sure you are safe." "Of course I am."

"Good. Now what or should I rather say who's room were you in?" "Hecate's," I mumbled under my breath. "Who?" "Hecate." "Why were you in the bats room." "There was an accident in my classroom yesterday which required me to change to the classroom right next to the potions room." "Why does this affect your room?" "Ada knows I can't transfer in the morning because Hecate told her, so they both agreed I could stay with Hecate until my classroom is sorted. Is that a good enough explanation for you, father?" "I suppose it will do. You really need to stop with the transfersickness thing it makes you look weak."

"Great because I would like some breakfast before assembly." "Maryline?" "What?" "Make sure you get some information out of that Hecate Hardbroom, there is a lot of things about her I don't like." "Yeah, sure, whatever. Now can I go eat." "Fine. I will be back when lessons start and I will be inside Hecate's classroom for lesson one." "Great."

I left the room.

When I enter the hall I see Hecate, Dimity and Ada talking while Arabella just picked at her food. The only spot left was next to Arabella and that was not going to happen. I walked up to the table smiling and the other teachers looked at me with concern on their faces. "Are you alright, dear." "I am fine, Ada. Just annoyed is all." Ada noticed the only space left was next to Arabella so she transferred herself, Arabella and Joy one seat over so I could sit next to Joy.

"Thank you," I whispered as I sat down in my seat. We calmly are breakfast but I could feel Arabella's eyes moving between Hecate and I. I then feel Hecate's hand grabbing mine so I grab hers and place both of ours on my thigh. We carry on eating as if nothing was happening. "By the way Joy, my father will be monitoring your class first."

Once breakfast was finished we went into my classroom to hang around for a bit before my father got there. "Mary, how bad are the bruises now?" I pulled down my dress and her mouth hung open. The bruises had grown worse and covered almost the length of my neck. I covered my neck back up and I swear I could see Joy smirking a little. "What?" "I wish you didn't have to cover them up." "I have to with his presence." "Of course, I suppose I should actually go and teach now." "Yes, you should Miss Overgrown Bat." She laughed silently before disappearing.

I didn't see her until lunch when things took a horrifying turn. When she came into my classroom she looked angry at someone. "Are you alright Joy?" "I'm fine, but your father won't be if he carries on with his disruptions." I laughed at the annoyed look on her face. "What's so funny little miss artsy?" "Nothing my dear, shall we go and have some lunch?" "Yes, we shall." We shared a short kiss before we walked down the corridor chatting amongst ourselves.