Introductions

Mary's POV

I walked up to staff table. "Hello," I say to the teachers looking at me. "Hey, my name is Dimity drill. This is Mrs Gwendolyn Rowan-Webb, Mr Algernon Rowan-Webb, Miss Ada Cackle and Miss Joy Hecate Hardbroom," said a young woman excitedly and quickly pointing to each teacher. She stayed sat down but I am sure she would have stood if she could. I could tell that she was annoyed at her injury. "Well met, everyone," I said in a cheery voice placing a hand to my forehead and bowing slightly. "I see that this art teacher might be like the others after all," complained Hecate quietly to Ada. I could just about hear her. I smirked. "What do you four teach then." "Dimity teaches sport, Hecate teaches potions, I teach chanting and my husband teaches spell science," came Gwendolyn's voice. She was actually listening apparently. Her and Algernon were only there because they wanted to say a final goodbye.

Dimity pointed to a chair next to Hecate, "sit down will you," said Dimity becoming impatient. Hecate snapped her head to look at Dimity surprise written on her face. She looked at me trying to gauge my reaction. She definitely knows who I am. great. "Alright ill sit down, wouldn't want you getting jealous." I giggle at her reaction. I walk around the table and take a peak at what everyone is eating. porridge. could be worse. 

I sit down next to Hecate and she looks away. "You know who I am don't you?" The look she gives me is enough of an answer. "You're the great wizards daughter," she practically whispered. "It was supposed to be kept secret." "I got bored and read up on his family history and in the process found out that his mother's last name is Maryweather. I just figured it out from there," she stated matter of factly.

How bored do you have to be to read up on someone's family history? It honestly impressed me more than anything else. She is so smart and cute and I'm getting off topic. "Earth to Maryweather," I yelp as I see Dimity's hand waving infront of my face. She giggled. "I asked what your first name was." "Maryline." "Your names a bit of a tongue twister isn't it." "It is when you say it quickly." After a few attempts at her saying my full name I got fed up.

"Why don't you just call me Mary," I suggested to the frustrated teacher. "Mary it is then," said Ada joining our conversation." Do any of you go by any nicknames?" "Dimity calls Miss Hardbroom HB." "That's pretty much it." We ate our porridge in silence. Not long after it was time to leave to prepare for lessons while students get a fifteen minute break.

I got up when I feel someone tap my shoulder. I look up to see Hecate staring at me. "I suppose I should give you a tour," She said grumpily. She is definetly going to be a tough nut to crack. When I manage to get her she is going to have quite a few secrets the council will love to hear. "of course, it would be nice to see more of the castle," I replied trying to be cheery.

She transferred me out of the hall. I almost threw up. "seeing as that is going to be a regular thing, could you please just not transfer me before lunch. It makes me feel ill," I said to her voice muffled since my hand was over my mouth. "I apologise I didn't know," she said to me looking at me with a look of somewhat disgust on her face.

After a minute I took my hand away from my mouth and stood straight again. "I'm fine, let's start this shall we," I say trying to smile. "I admire your optimism," she mumbled as
she walked infont of me.

We walked for a bit before coming to a corridor where she stopped. "Through that door is my classroom and through that door at the end of the corridor is my personal chamber." we carried on walking. We walked up a set of stairs. "This is the chanting classroom and this is the spell science room, that room is the Rowan-Webb's private chamber." I thought it was cute that the married couple's classrooms were right next to eachother.

We went down a different set of stairs. We ended up back at the front of the school. "Sports lessons are held there and around the side is garden where food and potion ingredients are grown," she said turning around to me. "With the size of the castle I honestly thought we would be walking around for longer," I say trying to joke as I felt a little uncomfortable with the way Hecate was looking at me.

She rolled her eyes at me starting to raise her hand. "You won't be able to transfer that far without throwing up will you." "I don't know how far is it again." She looked at one of the windows on the far side of the castle. "Best not to risk it," I say to her quietly.

That's how ended up falling into her arms, literally.