Talking With Ada

Mary's POV

After I had calmed her down I went up to my classroom to check on the girls. When I got up there I saw them eating lunch at one of the four desks they had cleaned out of the sixteen in the room. "In two hours you managed to clean two and half of the walls, a quarter of the floor and four desks." They jump out of their seats when they hear my voice.

"Miss Maryweather! There really is a good explanation." They were both trying to come up with an excuse. "I don't want to hear it girls." They looked at Ada with shock at how stern her voice was. "Miss Cackle, I wasn't expecting a visit." She smiled and walked into the room fully. "Speaking of visits, the great wizard will be visiting our school tomorrow for a check-up to see how our first day of the new year went."

He said he would be visiting, but I didn't think it would be this soon! "Thank you Miss Cackle for the reminder." I looked back at the girls as they had just been staring at us while we spoke. "Will we be mentioning what happened with these two." She looked over at Enid. "What happened with Enid?" I turned red at the question. Do I tell her? "Just a little mishap in potions and Hecate be the ever generous person she is gave Ethel a helping hand by letting Enid help her."

"Since we're on the subject of Hecate." Oh stars! What now? "Do you happen to know why I kept sensing her moving between the two classrooms?" "Nope," I answered, voice quiet while shaking my head. "Are you sure?" "Yes, she may have simply been making sure I hadn't made a mess of the classroom or just checking to see what I was like teaching." "Alright." She had decided to let the subject go. For now at least.

"Anyway, I had come up here to tell you to come to the staffroom to meet a new teacher." "At least I'm not going to be the only new teacher this year." She giggled at that. "Her name is Arabella and she will be covering for Miss Drill while she recovers." "I bet Dimity's not happy about that." "No she isn't but how would you know that." I giggled at the face she was making. "Ada, your school may be small but your staff are well know throughout the witching world." She thought for a minute. "I suppose they are aren't they."

That's how I already knew who Hecate was. She is highly know for being the mysterious potions master who hasn't left the school for thirty years. To be honest, I kind of already had a bit of a crush on her before meeting her in person. I had heard of the magical feats she was capable of before she even finished school. She is the reason why I studied potions in college. The fact that I already had a crush on her didn't help when I was literally trapped against a wall by her. That is definitely when my feelings came to light.

"Maryline are you alright?" The poor woman had genuine concern in her voice when I was brought back to reality. "I'm fine, just thinking." "What could you be thinking about to leave you this distracted." Just my crush. "Nothing to be worried about." I smiled at her. "Right, well. I'm going to tell Hecate to meet us in the staff room." I nodded as she transferred away. I was going to be stuck in a room with her again.