The Body Swap

Mary's POV

"what is stars name did you do, Maryline!?" I look in horror at where I was standing to find my body still there. I look down and realise. I was in Hecate's body. "I didn't do it on purpose!" "you're just like Mildred!" "oh yeah! Blame it on the clumsy one!"

"What is going on in here!" Ada had transferred into room after hearing the shouting. "Maryline is saying that I shouldn't blame her even though she was the one who tipped the vial." "Oh I'm sorry! Maybe you shouldn't have shouted at me." "Listen here you little." Ada looked at us confused. "Hang on! Maryline but your Maryline but your speaking like Hecate and you're speaking like Maryline."

"I was working on a height potion for my class on Monday, since it's Friday I have extra time, and Maryline came in to collect one the students books. When she was leaving she accidentally added bats blood which changed it from a height potion to a body switching potion." "How did she tip it in and why did you have bats blood nearby?" "I had gotten a new shipment sent in. I had taken the others into my supply cupboard but had accidentally forgotten one. I levitated it so I wouldn't forget to put it where it belongs."

"How long will this last?" "Well, the only height potion able to be changed into a body swap one is a level 3 and by that we can guess it is a level 4 potion. Meaning it will last around a week." They looked at me with shock. "What? I literally did potions as my major in college." "Well we know who to call if Hecate gets sick." I smirked or rather Hecate's body smirked. This was going to be weird. "Hecate?" "Yes?" "Can I have my glasses please, I can't see without them." "So that's why my visions blurred." She handed my glasses over.

I put them on and smiled. "Ok, now that's weird. Hecate with glasses is not normal." "Speaking of normal, how are we going to teach our classes and just generally do things without people getting suspicious or weirded out." "That is a great question, Hecate. One I was hoping Maryline would know the answer to." They both looked at me.

"Well, I could temporarily move back to Hecate's room and have my classroom next to hers. That way no-one would get suspicious of us going into the others room. If we need help from the other with teaching a class they're right next door." "That would seem the most logical." "Then it's settled, you two will go back to being roommates." Ada left without another word.

"So, were really going back to before." "Yes, it would seem so." "And, how do you feel about this? Since you did seemingly hate me quite strongly three months ago." She cringed. "Yeah, about that." Ada transferred into the room. "Maryline, I've had your things moved into Hecate's room." "Uh, thank you Ada."

"Right! This is going to confuse me. So, I will now refer to you as which body you're in as everyone else will as well." We both shrugged. "Hecate, glasses." "I have contacts I can wear instead and I have a spare pair of glasses I can modify to look like mine but they don't improve sight at all." "Thank you. Maryline, remember to mirror your father every single night." "I will." "Good! Now you ladies go and have some fun."

We were transferred into our now once again shared room. ""Hecate?" "Hmmm?" "Do we have to sleep in the other bed considering, ya know." I see a pillow being thrown at me and I just dodge it. "What? Something wrong. Shorty." "Why are you so short woman!?" "Why are you so tall?" She gives me a death glare. "Sorry darling, but that doesn't work with my face." "Great! I'm trapped in a body the complete opposite of mine." I giggled at her annoyed face.

"Can you just go and unpack your stuff." "Nu uh, that's your stuff now, Miss artsy." "Try me, Miss Drama Queen." We stared at eachother for a few minutes until it was time for dinner. This was going to be interesting.

When we got there we remembered to sit in the others seat. What we did forget is that tonight's food was porridge as the school had not gotten their food shipment in yet. I had actually become friends with Miss Tapioca and in return she would keep a small bottle of honey hidden in kitchen and would put a little in my porridge.

When we were given our food Hecate nearly heaved after sniffing mine and leant in toward me. "Um, I should've told you this but I don't like honey because of how sweet it is." "I can't eat it I'm in your body. It would look weird." She picked up her spoon and tried a little of the porridge and her eyes went wide. "What?" "I like honey." "It's probably because you're in my body."

We had the rest of our dinner without problems. When dinner came to an end we transferred to our room and both sat on opposite ends of the sofa.

"I can't believe it, my whole life I've hated honey. Then suddenly I like it." "As I said, its probably because you're in my body." She thought for a moment. "Maryline, what foods don't you like." "Cake." "I'm sorry, did you just say you don't like cake?" "Yeah." "I've never met someone who doesn't like cake, even I like it from time to time." "trauma." "what? Did you have a traumatic birthday party or something?" "yes I had a traumatic birthday but I would not like discuss it." She looked a little concerned before looking away.

Hecate's POV

"hecate, you were going to say something about hating me before we were interrupted." "oh that, I just wanted to say I dont hate you, I was lying so you wouldn't get in trouble with your father." "REALLY." She looked at me with surprise and what almost looked like hope. "yeah, sorry I didn't tell you sooner." She transferred right next to me. "if I'm being honest hecate, everyday I would hope you would come up to me and say that." "really." "yeah, I missed you." I grabbed her hand in mine and placed it in my lap.

"I missed you too Mary."