Chapter 7

Coffee was served, a sign that the casual meeting was over. Some of the men opted out to smoke, while Title sat quietly on the edge of the sofa, watching Mean, who was still busy studying the files in his hand.

Mean is not a guy who can blend in, this man is a loner, and his famous disposition makes people reluctant to approach him. Title is not close with Mean, they only talk about business. And when it comes to business, Mean is quite cooperative. Their cooperation has resulted in many benefits for their respective companies.

Title hesitates to ask Mean about Plan. It seems too strange to discuss the matter here. But his wife - beautiful Earth - has made him promise to do it.

Title cleared his throat, drawing Mean's attention from the files he was searching for seriously,

"We, my wife and I met your lover last night"

Mean's head immediately lifted as if it had been jerked, he stared at the

"Oh yeah ?," His tone is relaxed, but the tension in Mean's voice can't fool Title, there is something here, Inner Title in his heart, something is being kept secret.

Mean ...

"Well, he met my wife yesterday, and talked at length with him," Title tries to provoke Mean and it seems like the fishing rod hit because Mean's eyes narrowed and looked at him suspiciously.

"Did he say anything to your wife?" Title staring Mean straight up,

"He asked my wife for help to be saved, so that he could get out of your house"

Mean's lips tighten in a thin line, then he immediately stands up, "Tell your wife not to do anything. Plan is mine, and anyone will not be able to release it from my house, except with my permission, "Mean looked straight at Title, considering," I respect you Title, you are one of the few people I respect and I don't want this respectful relationship broken. Sorry to excuse me first because there is an appointment with the other party after this "

After nodding stiffly, Mean walked away from the large meeting room.

Title sat quietly and sipped his coffee, his eyes still staring at the door where Mean disappeared behind.

Mean's behavior reminds him of his old self. A smile appeared on Title's lips. Mean might experience the same thing as himself, if he wasn't careful with Plan.

***

When the door to his room is opened from the outside, Plan doesn't think that Mean is the one who entered. That man had completely ignored him lately. Plan hardly even sees the man, except from the scene when Mean enters his car on the lower terrace visible from the second floor window where Plan is locked up.

And as usual, the man looked angry. Plan furrowed his brows, why didn't that guy ever look cheerful and smile at all? Even if he smiled, his smile was just a smile that was evil and cynical.

Has that man never felt the slightest joy in his heart?

Without further ado, Mean threw his jacket on the chair and loosened his tie, then glared at Plan,

"What did you say to Title's wife?"

Plan immediately frowned in fear. Earth may have conveyed his request for help to Title, and Title told Mean.

When fear clung to him, Plan immediately shook his head trying to regain his courage. He remembered the happy faces of his father and mother, then replaced with their pale faces lying in the coffin. Hatred and anger are his weapons to face Mean,

"I did ask Earth to save me," Plan raised his chin arrogantly, challenging Mean. Mean growled furiously, his eyes lit up,

"Try it if you dare. Ask Earth to free you, and if he dares to do something, I will take his life, " Mean hissed grimly, "And I never mess with my words Plan, your freedom will be replaced by the lives of those who are careless or people who try to save you "