Chapter 28: Observations

"Hey... Let me help." Hinata called out from behind her

"Oh... Uhm thank you!" Yachi said in gratitude

Hinata moved the chair to the next area "Right about here?"

"Yeah!"

"Yachi-San... what's the tape for?"

"We're splitting the net into nine parts. This whole past week, the team has been working on serves, and Ukai-San wants them to confirm where they want their serves to go... Like, see what happens and where the ball falls when they hit that location."

"Oh... I see." Hinata said as he grasped the concept "well let me keep helping I guess Yachi-San."

"Thank you I appreciate it!" She said with glee

"Ah young love." Sugawara said watching the two tiny first years

His remark caused Tsukishima and Yamaguchi to tense up and slowly walk away which was noticed by Daichi.

"And last one! Done! Thanks I can take the chair back myself you just get into your serves."

"Sure thing Yachi-san." Hinata said as he walked to the end line

Yachi-San she thought to herself he's not calling me... never mind I shouldn't focus on that... or maybe I should...

"Hey um Sho-"

"Heads up!" Tanaka shouted as his flubbed serve barrelled straight for Yachi. Quickly Hinata noticed the ball and made the call as he calculated the velocity and jumped catching the ball.

"Sorry Hinata! I'm still polishing my jump serve!"

"Woah! You switched to a jump serve?! That's amazing!"

Yachi sighed as she felt that she shouldn't persist and interrupt Hinata's practice as she continued to walk back to the wall.

Serving practice went on and the boys showed off their improvement in their serves. As Kageyama got ready to serve the gym felt the intensity. Kageyama was already the best server on the team, but he had just returned from a training camp for nationally recognized players, there was no telling how much his serve has improved. Kageyama winded up and threw the toss, he approached the ball and smashed the ball toward the end line. In a split second Hinata got in front of the ball and stopped the momentum and received the serve near perfection causing everyone to react in shock.

"There are times Hinata pulls off superhuman moves... but what he did just now.. actually seemed like he meant to do it." Shimizu said observing the baby crow's growth

Yachi agreed silently but in her mind she wondered what happened at the training camp. How much better he had gotten had shown in that one action made her sad.

Wow... he feels totally... different... what happened at the training camp?

 what happened at the training camp?