Chapter 16

.........Earlier........
3rd person POV
"So does a person have to be dying..... to become like you?" Bella asks while trying not to trip over rocks.
"No that's, that's just Carlisle" Edward says, "He'd never do this to somebody that had another choice"
"So how long have you been like this?" The girl questions Edward while twirling her thumbs.
"Since 1918, that's when Carlisle found me dying of Spanish influenza"
"What was it like?"
Edward could still feel the stinging sensation that lingered on his neck and traveled through his veins,
Veins that no longer pumped human blood.
Edward shook his head trying to get the thoughts out of his head.
"The venom was excruciating but what Carlisle did was much harder not many of us have the restraint to do that"
"But didn't he just have to bite?" The girl asked while shivering from the ice cold rain.
Edward saw this and led them under a tree.
"Not exactly um when we taste human blood a sort of frenzy begins, it's almost impossible to stop"
"But Carlisle did......."
"Yea, first with me then with his wife Esme"
"So is Carlisle the reason you don't uh kill people?"she asks the vampire.
He just shrugs while laughing, "no he's not the only reason, I don't want to be a monster. My family we think of ourselves as vegetarians, cause we only survive on the blood of animals but it's, it's like a human only living on tofu it keeps you strong but never fully satisfied" he says while chuckling at the humans expression.
"It wouldn't be like drinking your blood for instance" he jokes but sees that she was more freaked out than anything.
"Was it other vampires that killed Waylon?"
"Yes, there's others out there we run into them from time to time"
"Can the rest of your family read people's minds like you can" Bella asks genuinely interested.
Though she still didn't know they don't like her.
"Um no that's just me...........Alice can see the future"
"I bet she saw me coming"
"Jasper can feel and change people's emotions and his wife, Daisy is a tracker"
"What's a tracker?"
"Somebody who can sense their preys emotions, movements and such but Alice's visions are objective, I mean the future can always change" Edward says before standing up and jumping on rock way below them.