Chapter 7

Bella's POV
Eric and I walk to biology class while he talks about a school dance that was coming up that everybody was stoked about. Everybody expect for me anyways, I can't dance to save my life.
"What's up Arizona, how you liking the rain girl?" Mike asks as he shakes his wet hat off on me like a wet dog. I just wave at him, since I feel gross now.
When we walk in I immediately look to see if Edward was here, just like I did everyday since he's been gone. I haven't seen him for a week and it was starting to scare me.
Maybe I scared him off
But when I look at my table today, he's surprisingly there. I don't know if my eyes are playing games on me so I speed walk to my table and sit down.
"Hello" somebody says from next to me I look over and see that the copper Headed boy was talking to me.
"I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week um...I'm Edward Cullen and you're Bella?" He asks softly.
"Um yes" I say while looking over his attire. He was wearing a shortsleeved shirt which was unusual since it was raining pretty hard outside, but I just dusted it off.
We are interrupted when Mr.Molina starts to speak to the class. "Onion roots and cells, that's what are on your studies right now so separate and label them into the stages of mitosis and the first partners to get it right will win a golden onion"
The class boo'd thinking it was money or something. Me and Edward just keep quiet and get started.
"All right good" Edward whispers to himself, he pushes the microscope towards me and says "ladies first."
"You were gone" I say before looking into the scope.
"Yea um I was out of town for a couple of days, personal reasons" he snickers.
Not buying his excuse I just cut him off and saying "prophase" and pushing the microscope towards him.
"Do you mind if I uh..look" he asks, I just nod and he looks and says "prophase"
"Mm like I said" I say as I watch him write it on the work sheet in perfect cursive.
He just smiles at me and says "so you're enjoying the rain"
"You're asking me about he weather?" I laugh at his awkwardness. "Yea I guess I am" , "I don't really like the rain, any cold wet thing I don't really..." I tell him while I shiver at the thought.
He just laughs at me and and shakes his head. He grabs the next slide and sets it under the light.
"What?" I ask out if curiosity, "nothing, uh haha..it's uh anaphase"
"You mind if I check?", "sure" he mummers while writing.
I grab the neck of the microscope and look into it and say "anaphase"
"Like I said" he smirks, "if you hate the cold and the rain so much then why do you move to the wettest place in the continental US?" He asks.
"Um it's complicated" , "I'm sure I can keep up" he assures me.
"Uh my mom remarried and uh" "so you don't like the guy?" He asks. "No, that's not um Phil's really nice." I say as I look into his eyes. They look different.
He looks away and keeps working. "It's metaphase, wanna check it?" He jokes.
I just shake my head, "I believe you"
____
We walk through the hallway and head to my locker with my onion we won in class. Edward said I can have it since he didn't like onions.
"Why didn't you move with your mother and Phil?" Edward asks from beside me.
"Well Phil's a minor league baseball player, and uh he travels a lot and my mom stayed with me but I knew it made her unhappy so uh I figured I'd stay with my dad for a while." I say.
We stop by the lockers and out of the way of people.
"And now you're unhappy" he asks, I just tilt my head and make a confused face and say "Um no."
"I'm sorry I'm just-I'm just trying to figure you out you're very difficult for me to read" he quickly apologizes.
"Hey did you get contacts" I ask since I haven't been able to take my eyes off of them.
"No"
"You're eyes were black the last time I saw you and now they're like golden brown-"
"Yea I know it the fluorescents" he quickly says.
Then he just leaves.