Chapter 10

Edwards POV
I walk to the end of the aisle of the bus and sit in the very last seat.
My mind starts to wonder, I think about her? Us? Me?
Even if I wanted to be with her I couldn't, she's a human and I'm a monster
She would never accept me and who knows who she'd tell. She is the Chief of police's daughter. Not that that was a threat.
I watch out my fogged window as the trees fly by. Condensation drips from the seal of the window and onto my nose.
I harshly wipe it away with the back of my sleeve and continue to look out the window until we arrive back at school.
The bus comes to a harsh stop, making most kids face plant the seat in front of them. But not us, we aren't like "most kids."
If I'm being completely honest we're WAY past adulthood. Most of us have at least 2 degrees in college but me, Daisy, and Rosalie all have 5.
I have 2 medical, 2 Human Resources and 1 physics degrees.
Rosalie has 1 in electrical engineering, 1 in medicine, 2 in computer science and 1 in mechanical engineering.
But Daisy actually has 6 degrees, 2 in law, 1 in finance, 2 in musical composition and 1 in psychology.
Speaking of Daisy I have yet to apologize to her, I've been meaning to I just haven't been able to have enough pride and do so.
The look in her eyes flash in my head like lightning. They were full of sadness and shock. I'll never be able to forget.
I snap out of my thoughts when a hand pats my shoulder trying to catch my attention.
I look up and see Owen hovering over me with Alice next to him.
"Come on man the bus is letting people off, Daisy and Jasper are already on their way home", he says.
I just nod and stand up and head to my car.
Once I get in I start the engine and pull out of the parking lot and head home.
____
I walk through the front door and go upstairs to the living room, where I know everybody will be. I instantly heard the sound of the piano being played. I could tell it was "Gaspard de la nuit" by Ravel and only one person in this entire house could play that and that was Daisy.
She was a great musician don't get me wrong but when it comes to slower music I'm the best and I take pride in that. We use to always joke around about how she wasn't patient enough to play slowly, that's why she plays when she's anxious or mad.
I guess that's why she's playing, Alice must have told her what I was going to do.
As I finish waking up the stairs everybody's head snaps to me. Which causes Daisy to press the wrong key, making a loud screech.
Everybody then turns their heads away from me and glare at Daisy, causing her to blush and dash over to Jasper.
She leans her head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her into his side. They both read the book at the same time, and same pace, quick
Once they finish the book which only took them around 2 minutes or so they look up and see us staring at them.
"What" Daisy asks, roaming the eyes looking at her and her mate.
Alice everts her eyes from the pair and says "who wants to go for a quick bite?"
They grumble in response only causing Alice to glare at them hoping they catch the hint to leave me Daisy and Jasper alone to talk.
When it finally clicks in their heads they stand up and run out side in vampire speed.
When they're gone I sit done on the couch across from Daisy and Jasper.
"Daisy.......I'm-I'm-"
"You're what?" She grumbles at me.
Jasper rubs her arms soothingly hoping to calm her down. He also kept an eye on me, in his mind he thinks I might attack her again.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have attacked you like that or at all, by any means" I say sincerely.
I made sure to look into her eyes the whole time so she knows I truly mean it.
She looks like a gaping fish from the way she keeps opening and closing her mouth like she's about to say something but doesn't. Jasper probably noticed this because he leans over and whispers in her ear that she doesn't have to forgive me.
When she comes up with a answer she crosses her arms over her chest and says "I will forgive you but I'm not going to forget what you did to me."
I'm happy with that, even if she doesn't completely trust me, she's willing to try to forgive me and that's all I could ask of her.
I nod and offer my hand as a sign of peace but what I don't expect is when she grabs my forearm and pulls me into a hug.
I wrap my arms around her waist as she squeezes my head with her biceps.
In this moment I know everything is content and kind of back to normal.
We pull away when we hear Jasper clear his throat trying to get our attention.
"Babe didn't you want to go shopping for new um, you know...."  *uh uh* he fake coughs hoping she understand what he's talking about.
He all sit there in awkward silence since we ALL know what he's talking about. It was particularly bouncing around in his head the entire time, how could I not know what he's talking about.
"Yea, let's go love" she says in a gentle voice.
"We gotta go, we'll see you soon ok?" She asks me while grabbing her bag and keys.
"Maybe" I say
"Ok! Bye!" "Later" her and Jasper say as they walk out the door.