Let me hold you.

Sorry for this little chapter taking me so long!

By the way, I am happy to see that there are people that are still interested in this haha :) enjoy!

xx

"It seems that I'm the only one half-naked here and that is unfair, isn't it?"

You were sure that after that sentence, you were the one blushing. You were looking at her in awe and slowly but surely you realised that the walls that took you years to build, the walls no one was able to get through... she destroyed them. All it took was to see her smile and the walls were gone. Of course, it was terrifying to you to even admit that you had feelings for her because that meant that you had feelings – and feelings (at least in your head) mean to be vulnerable. So, of course, you were just there shakily looking into her icy eyes, because you understood and finally admitted to yourself that you had feelings for her.

You leaned forward and placed a soft kiss to her left shoulder, then to her soft neck and finally her swollen lips. You could feel her smile into the kiss and you could not help yourself but do the same.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked in a husky voice as she slowly pulled away.

"Because of you." You replied, calmly. "Why are you smiling?"

She looked at you for a moment, as if she was absorbing you with her eyes.

"Because of you." Cate finally replied with a smile that was growing just like your desire for her.

"Oh god, what are you doing to me Y/N? I'm smiling and giggling like a schoolgirl." She said while placing a soft kiss to your forehead.

"Well, just to be exact, I believe that in this case, I would be the schoolgirl."

"Excuse me?! Are you by any chance trying to tell me that I am perhaps a bit old to be a schoolgirl?" She pulled away with a raised eyebrow, trying to hide her grin.

"Oh, I would never." You held your hands against your chest dramatically. "Your ego could not handle that."

"Right, that's it." She pinned your hands above your head. That made your heartbeat like crazy as you were not expecting this to happen (well maybe you weren't expecting that ngl).

"Hmm..." She purred into your ear. "It seems like you yet again lost the ability to speak." And she bit it.

She placed a soft kiss to you cheek. Her fingers gently trailed over your skin underneath your t-shirt in a comforting way. The featherlike strokes of her fingertips felt like lightning going through your body. Suddenly, you no longer were afraid of them.

"T-take it off, please."

Her eyes flicked up to yours as you choked out the sentence of you.

Cate removed her hands from yours, before leaning in for a loving peck on your cheek. She did the same to both of your eyes, your nose and she rested her cheek against yours with a shaky exhale.

Any form of intimacy – not only sex... is scary, and it makes people helpless. One undresses their layers and let another person see something, they sometimes themself don't wish to see. Yet, stripping down your layers felt comforting with her. You were not afraid. Or not as much as before. Your heart softly slipped into her hand when your fingers tangled.

"You're shaking. I want to hold you." She said. "Let me hold you tonight."

She looked up to your confused expression, and slowly brushed through your hair.

"We have all the time in the world, my darling." She gave you a reassuring smile. "This is way more special than anything I've ever experienced, and I've lived through most of my life."  

She laid back and stretched her hands out, expecting for you to follow her lead. You sat there not sure of what just happened. Why did she change her mind? Anxiety was filling your body and you were not able to stop it, but you gave in and laid your head in her uncovered chest.

"Don't overthink it." She kissed your head. "You're beautiful and so very special. Therefore I have a very special place I want to take you to."

"W-where?" You looked up with a faint smile.

"That's a surprise." She replied with a grin.