Her eyes.

You sat there still confused. You looked around and you could see the boys having fun, playing video games and laughing. One of them would try to include you in the conversation, but you couldn't pay much attention. Your mind was somewhere else, perhaps in another dimension. You couldn't stop thinking about the blonde woman. '(Y/N), she is married, older and is the mother of your friend!!', you thought to yourself. It was a strange feeling. Was is love? But what was love, and what was it to love someone? And what if you were maybe a bit older and she wasn't married? ...Maybe one day, you've walked into the same coffee shop that she was sitting inside, and you've noticed her light blonde hair that resembled the sun so bright and beautiful, her eyes glistened ever so slightly as to resemble the entire ocean.. You shook your head. 'This is not right..', you thought. She is your friend's mother after all..

"Hey, (Y/N). Could you please help her?" Dashiell was looking at you with raised eyebrows.

"W-what?" You looked at him confused and he laughed.

"My mom messaged me that she needs some help in the kitchen or whatever, could you go?"

"Uhm.. yeah I guess?" Your heart was beating fast and your hands got all sweaty. You took a big breath, closed your eyes and walked out the room looking for the kitchen and her.

You slowly walked into the hallway. The house was huge and you felt really small, like a mouse trying to find its way of the lion's cave. You walked into a huge room what seemed to be the living room. You stood there admiring the vintage furniture and all the paintings on the walls. The white walls and furniture in combination with the huge windows letting in light made you feel like you were in heaven. You looked on your left and saw her standing in the kitchen humming a song to herself. It seemed like she hasn't noticed you, yet. You stood there, ever so shyly with a small smile on your lips admiring the older woman. Her messy blonde hair pulled back into a small ponytail, focused on a cookbook you guessed. You looked at her from the corner of your eye about 10 times or so. She was so beautiful, breath taking even. 'What an angelic sight', you thought. You saw her lifting her head up so you quickly turned your sight to the nearest painting.

"Do you like art, (Y/N)" You heard a familiar voice. Her voice made your knees tremble. You loved the way it lilted and wrapped around your name. You missed it at times. 'It's strange how your soul can ache for something so simple.', you thought to yourself again.

"Yes indeed, Mrs. Blanchett." You turned around with a shy smile.

"Oh." She laughed and that made your heart beat even faster. "Call me Cate. Please." She smiled. "It makes me feel like I'm old. Anyways, come closer, dear. It would be quite hard to help me when you are standing that far away, wouldn't it?" She said with a smile again pointing on a stool next to her.

You couldn't stop looking at her eyes, like you were under her power. You walked towards her and sat down on a stool further away from her. She got up and walked to the fridge.

"Are you thirsty?"

"Uhmm.. can I get some water, please?" you answered. She smiled and poured you a cup of water.

"Are you scared of me?", Cate looked at you with a smile on her lips. She came closer to you and was standing in front of you, leaning on a counter.

"N-no, I'm not." You sat there, staring down the counter and finally lifted your head to meet her eyes. Studying her every feature that you could, like an artist would study a masterpiece. Her eyes, two drops of ice cold water, were like a bottomless ocean that you would give up air to explore.

"Don't worry, I don't bite." She reached out and brushed your hair behind your ear.