Softy

Another chapter in less than a day? I know right haha.

Hope you don't mind that this chapter is a little shorter! :)

With love,

A xx

*

You could feel the morning sunshine tickling your nose. You tried your best to wake up, but the sweet melody of your dreams was seducing you to stay asleep for a little longer. As you were laying there with your eyes closed you could hear the world slowly waking up. Every now and then a car passed under your window, people chatting away. You groaned as you realised that it was time to face the day. You opened your eyes as wide as possible, blinking a few times to gain the focus of your surroundings. You were met with the familiar décor of your bedroom. You slowly inhaled as you brushed through your hair. A familiar scent hit your nose and it clicked in your brain. As you were slowly waking up you noticed a warm air softly caressing your back and an arm snaked over your hip.

Cate.

She stayed.

You must have fallen asleep while you were talking last night. A soft blush crept upon your cheeks. You felt safe. Safer than ever, you dared to think. An unknown feeling started pouring through your body. It felt as if a plant long forgotten, withered, was finally watered.

You felt whole.

You carefully shifted, turned over to face the woman. She looked so peaceful with a blonde curl across her face. You were afraid to wake her up, therefore you left it there. Instead, you listened to her breathing as if it was the most beautiful and soothing music. It was surely for you. You could not help but smile. The morning sun lit up her face in the most beautiful way. You tried to memorise it, hide this memory away somewhere in your soul so you would never forget it. Oh, but how could you? You will surely never be able to forget this moment. You tried to memorise every inch of her face as if it was your last chance to see her. Every freckle, the faint wrinkles around her eyes that were like the creases in an old love letter that had been opened and folded up over the years.

"I did tell you before, that it is very rude to stare." She said with a raspy voice without opening her eyes. Her soft smile lighting up the room.

"I could not help myself, you are eternal."

She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the bright light from the window.

"Oh, you silly girl." She said with a chuckle.

"But really, how could I not? You are magical. Every inch of you." You said with a sweet smile.

Her eyes were focused on your face, reading your expression. Her gaze slowly moved down to your lips and then back to your eyes.

"You say every inch?"

"Yes."

"Even the ones I don't like?" Her lips twitched back into a smile.

"I love those even more."

She slowly shook her head. Taking in what you said. Her eyes glistening like million stars during a warm summer night said more than words ever could. Cate flipped her hair out of her face and slowly placed her lips to yours. The kiss was slow, yet full of passion and unspoken words. She hugged your body closer to yours and it was her this time who slowly placed her face into the crook of your neck. The shock of emotion hit you and your arms tightened around her.

"Thank you." It was but a faint whisper.

You kissed the top of her head and held her in your arms.

Her fingers tangled into your hair as she was slowly stroking the back of your neck.

"I don't like to be touched while I'm asleep." She looked up with a confused look as you finished.

"I could never fall asleep if somebody was close to me." You whispered while looking at the pale wall behind her. "But for some reason, I feel safe next to you and I can't imagine falling asleep in another way." You looked back into her eyes as you finished.

"Neither can I imagine falling asleep any other way angel." She whispered against your lips.

"God, you're turning me into a softy Miss Blanchett."

"Oh, you were a softy, to begin with." You were about to protest but she shut you up with a kiss.

"Shall we have coffee, my little softy?" Cate made sure to over pronounce each letter in that last word as she rested on her elbows.

"You're rude!" You glared. And as she slowly started moving away with her signature smirk you held into her arm. "Can't we stay like this a little longer?" You pouted.

"We have all the time in the world. We also have to get ready for a very special trip to a very special place."

"Will you finally tell me where you're taking me?"

"No, I said that it was a surprise." She winked. "Now, let's have some coffee."