5 Years Later - 4

Hello, my lovely readers...

Sorry for the late update. 

Here comes the fourth shot. Thanks for voting and commenting.

Please ignore grammatical errors as no proofreading is done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rid: I was never pregnant with your child.

Van: huh? What?

Rid : Nischal is not your son.

Van:  Riddhima what are you saying? Why are you still saying that Nishu isn't our son? Don't punish me like this Riddhima. Please.

Rid: I am not lying Vansh. I am saying the truth. You are not his father. And why do you think that you are his father? 

Van: Enough Riddhima. Do you even realize what you are saying? Okay then tell me who are his parents if not us?

Rid: I never said that I am not his mother. I said you are not his father? Moreover, it's been 5 years since we met. What do you even know about me and what I have been doing all these years?

Van (anger): Enough Riddhima. Just because I am silently listening doesn't mean you get the right to say anything you want. I know you want to punish me and am ready for it but please don't deny me my right as a father. And I know even if it's 5 years or 50 years you would never do something to disrespect our relation. 

Rid: So much of trust in me. 

Van: Who are Nishu's parents? Where are they?

Rid: They are dead. They died when he was 21 days old. Eijaz and Surbhi are no more.

Van: Who are they and how do you know them?

Riddhima recalled all the events. It felt as if she was witnessing them again in front of her eyes. She couldn't forget those days which causes her nightmares even now. After being emotionally confronted with each other, Riddhima and Vansh were completely drained both physically and mentally and Ridhima didn't want to hold back anymore. She for once wanted to remove the burden from her heart. She wanted to empty every single thing in front of him.  

Rid (with tears): 5 years ago after being thrown out of the VR mansion I didn't know where to go and what to do. I was walking aimlessly having no clue about my surroundings and I heard some sound and when I turned back I didn't know what happened and suddenly everything became dark. When I opened my eyes I was in a hospital. In front of me were a couple. They said that I lost my consciousness and fell in front of their car. They asked me about my family and my details. I was not in a state to say anything and they took me with them looking at my state. It took me few days to absorb everything happening around me. I didn't know how to start and where to start my life again and during that tough phase, they supported me as if I was one of their family. During those days we got to know that Surbhi was pregnant and she was advised to complete bed rest. It was so overwhelming for me but with days passing I became a better person and again started my work because I didn't want to become a burden on them. We started living like a small happy family. Eijaz was like a brother to me. They had an inter-religious love marriage going against their families. Their love towards each other was unconditional. I never witnessed such love till I met them. Days were turning into months and we were excited about the kid. I and Surbhi wanted a prince and Eijaz always wanted his princess so we also placed a bet on that and we won. During her 9th month, she suddenly developed pains one day and went into labor. The baby was born prematurely so he was kept in NICU for 15days and they came back home and we got settled. Because Eijaz considered me as his sister he asked me to name the baby as his aunt. We thought we were starting a new phase of our lives but all it took was one day to turn it into hell. After we brought Nishu back home I started feeling weird. I felt as if someone was following us all the time and I even told Eijaz about it. But in his newfound happiness, he didn't even seem to care about it. He said that I was being paranoid but five days later even Surbhi noticed this and when Eijaz went to check there was nothing of that sort. Two days later we were supposed to go to the temple for pooja and were about to leave when Eijaz forgot something so I went to get them. When I came back I noticed few blood marks on the entrance leading to another side of the house that led to the backyard. Upon reaching there I saw the most horrible scene, there were few masked people. They hit Eijaz on his head and stabbed Surbhi to death. I didn't understand anything I was shocked and I ran to help them but they hit me on the head and blackness covered me. I felt something wet on my face and woke up to see Eijaz trying to wake me up there. Eijaz was still alive and he took a promise that day to save his son from those monsters. Realizing Nishu was missing I ran inside the house but those monsters set the entire house on fire. I wrapped Nishu in a comforter and by the time I made it to entrance, the fire was fully blown. I didn't know what else to do I kept screaming for help but no one came and I slumped in one corner. The last thing I remember was seeing my brothers rushing inside and saying something and then blackness covered me.