Standing strong - 5

Hello, my lovely readers...

Thank you so much guys for waiting for the update. I am really thankful for all of you for your warm words that made me feel a bit better. Thank you so much it really meant a lot and know that your words even helped me a lot.

I want to thank all the readers for giving your time for my book and appreciating it. It really means a lot guys. Thanks for voting and commenting. Also thanks a lot for sharing your opinions guys. It means a lot.

Please ignore grammatical errors as no proofreading is done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aar(cryingly): Papa...papa

The person took the baby into his arms and hugged him tightly to his chest.

Ved(rocking him): What happened to my Champ? Was Mamma scolding my Big boy? (to Riddhima) Didn't he sleep in the afternoon properly?

Rid(with a smile): Nope, he hardly slept and kept jumping around and troubling his Mamma. Now, he is being all cranky. (forwarding her arms) Give him to me?

Ved(moving back): No way madam. I missed him a lot and (looking at Aarav) even Champ missed me, isn't it Champ?

Aarav nodded his head and held him tightly from his neck.

Ved(smirking): See, my Champ missed me. Now move away, it's time for me and my Champ.

Saying so, Ved moved inside and stopped looking at Vansh. Vansh, who was shattered hearing his own son acknowledging someone else as his father felt an instant wave of jealousy course through him looking at his mirror image, his twin. He clearly saw how Ved's eyes softened the moment he looked at him and within a flick of the moment, it hardened. Everyone felt awkward with everyone's presence. So finishing the dinner fast they moved into their respective rooms.

While going to his room, all Vansh saw were the images of his wife, his love, his Riddhima sitting with his brother on the dining table along with his son, smiling and chattering with each other while feeding Aarav. They looked like a small little happy family. Every time he glanced at them and saw them smiling happily, and realized he was supposed to be there, he felt as if a knife slashed his heart. The pain was becoming unbearable to him. He felt suffocated and like drowning with no help and hope that could resurface him back. He didn't understand what he was feeling anymore, he moved to his room in a trance and laid on his bed blankly with no wink of the sleep in his eyes.

Shivraj and Uttara's room

Utt(smiling happily): I am really happy today Shiv. Finally, God heard my prayers and granted me my wish, to have all my children with me, in front of me. (looking at Shiv, who was thinking deeply) Aren't you happy Shiv? I have been noticing you for quite some time, you are lost in your thoughts. You were even behaving weirdly...

Shiv(coming out from his trance, with a smile): Uttara, it's nothing like that, I am really very happy. And why wouldn't I be happy? After all, our son is back to us after all these years of effort. I was just thinking about the deal, I signed today. You sleep now, finally, you will get the most awaited peaceful sleep today after all these years. (to himself) How am I supposed to tell you Uttara, the son you have been waiting to embrace in your motherly arms has turned into a beast who is the reason for our Riddhima's pain. I can never forget the way, I saw her when Rana brought her back. Her sleepless nights, a painful state where her only reason to live was her baby. Had she not been carrying Aarav, I don't think she would be living with us today. Instead would be with her father in heaven. I can never forget the way our son behaved with our Riddhu and I can't forgive him for his deeds. Clearly not till he gains forgiveness from Riddhu, repenting for all his deeds.