Standing strong - 8

Hello my lovely readers

I am really very sorry for the very late update. I know I have literally gone MIA for months but now that I am here I will be completing Standing strong.

I would like to dedicate this update to that one person who has been constantly waiting for this story and personally messaging me. I do not want to take her name but a big thankyou dear for your constant support for Standing strong.

Thank you for your votes and comments. I am thankful for the support you have been giving for my book.

Guys please inline comments

Proofreading is not done and sorry for the grammatical errors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vansh silently went to the bar section and got one bottle, he started gulping the alcohol and moved towards the terrace again. He kept gulping the hard liquor whenever he realized the truth that sliced his heart. All these days he felt sorry for misbehaving and committing sins but now he realized he never treated her correctly since day one.

When Ved came to the terrace a few moments later, he saw a drunk Vansh weeping and laughing while blabbering something to himself on the swing and an empty bottle near his feet. Being concerned about him Ved moved towards Vansh and tried to hold him when Vansh suddenly held Ved by his collars and spoke surprising him.

Van(with tears): Why? Why? Why?

Ved(confused): What? Vansh, listen you are not in your senses. First, let me take you to your room and later we will speak about everything. Okay?

Van(with tears): No we will speak today itself. I, have to know why did you do this with me? I know I was at fault, I shouldn't have done or behaved this way with her but you took her away from me why? I am sorry, really sorry, please I beg you. Give me my Riddhima back. I can't live without her, please Ved.

Ved(sternly): NO.

Van(with tears): Why?

Ved(chuckling humourlessly): I will definitely tell you the reason Vansh but I think now is not the correct time because you are drunk and you might forget it. I want to speak about this when you are sober and you should clearly know the sins you and that pathetic family committed. So yes as I said, now is not the correct time for all these talks.

Van(with tears): I know all the sins I have committed and I agree, I shouldn't have played all those nasty games with someone so pure as Riddhima.

Ved(scowling): Yes you are right. You shouldn't have played those horrendous acts with someone like Riddhima. But still, you did, why Vansh? 

Van(with tears): I was a jerk whose ego and pride was hurt and all I did was satisfy that ego and pride by hurting her. But now that I realized my sins I am ready to repent for all my deeds. I can't bear this burden anymore on my chest. It feels as if someone is slashing my heart continuously with the sharpest knife and also twisting the knife in my heart. It is so suffocating that all I see is me surrounded by darkness and no light for hope to live and breathe. I was a blind idiot, a b*****d, everything and anything you say but please give me back my family. (falling on his knees) Please I am begging you. You can hit me or even better torture me and I won't even hiss but please relieve me from this pain.

Looking at Vansh who was on his knees begging brought fresh tears to the eyes of Ved but there was nothing he could do. Vansh, himself was responsible for his present state. Had he not behaved like a monster all those years back then probably he would have been happy with Riddhima and Aarav but now, not anymore. Ved was determined this time that no matter what happens he isn't going to lose her again.