6

Word count... 2478

 The trees naturally dropped water down, from leaf to leaf as I adjusted my belts. I was the only one here, yet, the forest was still loud with rain laddering down the trees. I couldn't even hear my voice when I tried to speak above it all. 

The rest of our group for training was following shortly behind. Most of the walk was silent, since nobody could hear. We all watched for lightning strikes in the distance, counting how far they were from the sound of thunder.

Soaked leaves fell on my cape, blending in with the color of the hood. I hope that there's something we can practice without ODM in this weather. If it gets too harsh, we might have to go back.

Approaching from behind the field of scattered puddles and thick branches was what must've been Levi, although I hesitated to believe it was him for a second once I saw that he had nothing to cover his uniform from getting wet. 

A hurdle of green hoods followed behind him like a flock of birds, which must have been our new squad. I met him halfway at the center of the trail, his hair soiled in rain as he shook it out. 

" Where's your hood at?" I yelled. 

The rain continued to up rise in volume, making it harder to speak. 

He had fallen leaves on his shoulder and the edge of his collarbone. Was he that stupid to not bring it out here? Or had he lost it?

" I couldn't find it." He argued, squeezing rain from his dark hair. All I could do was watch him in my puddle of confusion, while utterly frustrated. You could easily get a cold from the low temperatures, and out of all people Levi should know that.

" God, you could have just asked someone for an extra." I retorted, picking a leaf from his shirt. The white color of his shirt was tatted in dark leaves, along with the parts of cloth that blended in with his chest as more rain poured on him.

Some of the scouts barricaded themselves behind thick trees that helped get out of the wind and debris, while I still tried to think of what we could practice today. 

As I grabbed leaves off Levi, he gave me a look of disgust before slapping my hand away.

" What's your problem? I'm just trying to help you." I scoffed. 

His glance was more bothersome than ever, while rain was dribbling down his temples.

" I'm fine. And stop talking to me like that, we're not equals." 

Before returning to the rest of our team, Levi folded his arms. I was dismayed by his habits, and most of the time I just was seeking to get along with him.  Maybe he was my superior, but it's not like we aren't working beside one another. 

He can still try and get along with me.

Thunder cracked through our ears, and even the trees couldn't help hide us from the storm. I found myself next to Eren and another women while we all waited now for direction. 

" Let's head back, it isn't worth it to try anything in this weather." He sighed, letting his hand out to feel the rain.