3

Word count... 1835

" Ahh, today went by fast, didn't it F/N?" Hanji whined. 

I laid in the untamed grass, as it drifted in the wind like waves in the ocean. Hanji and I stayed out of uniform for today, and only a few younger scouts hadn't gotten the memo as they were downstairs with their ODM belts equipped. 

A few wretched fence posts from land before still stood near us, and a male and female bird stood right beside each other. The two birds chirped, and finally woke me up from my gaze. 

I sat up next to Hanji, who had panned out in the grass like a star. " We have about an hour till the meeting, don't we?" I asked her. 

She raised an eyebrow to me while giggling silently, watching my nervous expression. 

" You mean you have an hour? You're going alone you know that." 

" Right." I sighed, falling back to the grass where Hanji lied. " You didn't have to mention that again, I'm already a bit concerned as is."

I decided to not tell Hanji about this morning when I found a paper that detailed my capabilities. There was so many possibilities of why that man carried around papers about me, but I wished for it to be good.

" Here, meet me back in your room afterwards and I'll make sure to already have food for you there. If it's anything bad then we can chat about it!" Hanji emphasized. I smiled, as she hugged me closer.

Usually we weren't to be bringing food in our rooms, but if it's Hanji nobody will question it. Heck, they would probably just assume she's bringing Captain Levi food since he's always cooped up in his office. 

" Thanks, as always. It is nice to get away from the mess hall sometimes." I chuckled.

Hanji and I squeezed one another before separating, her hands holding my shoulders as she shook me still.

" Just get through it, and you'll be fine. I'm sure it's nothing awful." 

" You're right." I agreed, as we both stared back at the trees that surrounded the castle. 

There was no commotion, and no loud noises except the tall and bristly trees that danced side to side all day.  I felt certain that this meeting couldn't be anything awful. 

Hanji and I hesitated to move for a few more minutes, both of us content under the sun's beaming light. Every time I lied here with her, we usually would look at the clouds when there were any- And Hanji would always point out the shapes she sought out of them. Although I never could see what she saw, it was something I always enjoyed.

" How come I haven't been able to get a squad for so long, since Shiganshina?" I gazed back at Hanji, who had still been looking at the sky. 

" I'm not sure. Maybe that's why Erwin's finally speaking to you." She replied softly, pointing quickly at another bird passing by in the breeze.

I smiled at the flock of birds to follow the one Hanji noticed, picking myself off the ground and leaving my hand open for her. 

" I sure hope so." 

Hanji got up with my help, and so we started heading back inside. I had some time to shortly get ready and contemplate the rest of the day before reaching Erwin's office. 

She stepped in front of me, both of us walking down the corridors that followed. They felt so long, if we hadn't spent so much time cleaning it all I still would find myself lost every morning in between each doorway.