Patton

Roman and I walk down the original planned out sidewalk. Roman holds my hand and it makes me feel so much safer and better about all of this.

We talk about random things, whispering though as to not draw any attention to ourselves. We eventually sit down on a bench that is made out of wood but it looks like it will fall apart easily.

Roman wraps an arm around me and I lean on him. We both enjoy this moment but of course, someone has to ruin it for us.

I see Remus and Janus, I grab Roman's arm and stand up, "Hurry come on." I whisper urgently.

He notices the two and nods, getting up, we start walking down the path but soon we hear Remus yell, "Hey you two!"

I stop walking, holding Roman's arm to my body, "What do we do?" I ask quietly, not being able to hide the fear in my voice.

"Don't worry. Just follow my lead," he says in a calming tone and turns around, keeping his head down and the hood is covering most of his face. "Yes your majesty?"

Remus smiles, "Well someone knows their manners! Anyways I'm looking for someone~ I was wondering if you could help me find them."

"What does this person look like," Roman asks, wow he is amazing at acting and keeping his cool. I'm glad he can keep his ego at bay.

"They have short blonde hair, beautiful almost white eyes, short, and may look like they've been in a tornado."

Roman hums in thought for a moment, "I don't think I've seen them..."

Remus looks at me, "What about you?"

I think for a moment, "I haven't seen them either... Are they in trouble?"

Janus answers, "He broke a law and has to be punished. He somehow escaped from us this morning. It is such a pain in the ass."

I perk up, "Wait. I think I know something. Near the tavern there where a couple of people. We didn't go inside but it seemed lively. He might be there."

Janus nods, then asks, "Thanks but I must ask, have we met before? You both sound oddly familiar."

Roman shakes his head, "We tend to avoid people. After we got into some trouble with some bad people-"

"Wait." Remus says in a intimidating tone. "That voice..." He walks over to us, Janus following behind him closely.

I get behind Roman, hugging up to his back, "What about my voice?" Roman asks, keeping up the act.

Remus studies us, then I see six green and black... Tentacles?! Pop out of his back. "You both wouldn't be... Involved with that group last year? With that traitor Virgil?"

I shake my head as Roman verbally answers, "Who is that?"

Janus goes to say something but then there is a scream. We all look to the building next to us, a bright light and smoke. It's on fire!

I grab Roman's hand and we run away, hearing Remus yell, "Get back here you cowards!"

Janus yells, "Come on Remus! They aren't worth it! This could be an attack towards you."

Roman and I keep running, not daring to look back. Soon, Remy and Emile are next to us.

"You two are so lucky Emile knows a fire spell," Remy states.

"That was you," Roman asks shocked.

"Thank you so much Emile," I say, still running with them.

Once far enough from where the fire was, Emile teleports us all back to the house. I get some water for us all and we all sit on the couches in the livingroom.

"Where are Logan and Virgil," Roman ask after taking a drink of water.

"We couldn't find them. At least not when we had you two to worry about. I'm sure that they are fine though and will return soon," Remy states simply.

Then, right on time, the door opens and Virgil and Logan are standing there.

"What happened? Are you all okay," Virgil asked worried, walking over to us with Logan close behind him. It seems like they both were worried.

"Roman and Patton had been confronted by Remus and Janus. Everything seemed to go well until the two claimed to remember their voices. Emile set a building on fire and we escaped."

Logan adds, "We have a problem other than that. Roman, Remus has the necklace that your mother gave you. When you ran off you dropped it. By the time Virgil and I arrived... There was nothing we could do to get it back. I am truly sorry."

Roman stands up, searching himself for the necklace, "What? No. No no no. I didn't- I couldn't have- He can't-"

I stand up and gently grab his hands, "Calm down Roman, please. We will figure this out." Roman nods and I hug him, "Let's go upstairs and try to relax and collect our thoughts. Okay?"

Roman nods and we walk upstairs to his room. I set him down on the bed and sit down in front of him.

"Are you okay," I ask softly, my voice dripping with worry.

"I'll be fine Patton. I just... I can't believe that I dropped the necklace and that we almost got caught. How could I allow you to be in danger? How could I have been so foolish?"

"Don't beat yourself up over this Roman. Remus is very... Unpredictable and we knew that coming back here and getting involved is dangerous."

"Your right. But... He has tentacles. When did he get those?!"

"I'm not too sure. I know he disappeared for a few days though and I guess that's why. At least we know now. We will be more prepared in the future."

"Yeah... Your right. I love you so much Patton."

I feel my face heat up as I smile, "I love you too Roman."

We share a kiss and start to cuddle, what a nice way to end the day.