Logan

Yesterday we found the kings body. We have no idea how to tell the group so for now we will keep quiet about it. Virgil has noticed that the three of us are acting off but all we can do is lie and act stupid.

Thomas had went back home though early this morning. Something about needing to be home when someone returns home. I won't question it. That just means less people to find out our lie.

Virgil looks at me from the living room since I'm standing in the kitchen in front of the coffee pot, waiting for my coffee to finish.

He walks over to me, sitting down on the counter, "You look exhausted. Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Not really," I sigh and watch the coffee pot, the smell of coffee filling the room.

"Do you want to talk about it? I might be able to help if I know what's bothering you," Virgil offered.

"Its alright. You don't need to worry."

Virgil nods, looking down, "Okay well... If you change your mind let me know. I'll be here."

I nod and watch him get off the counter and walk out of the room looking slightly upset. I wish I could tell him but it's better if less people know. Plus I have no idea how he would react.

The coffee pot makes some beeping noises and I perk up. Finally it's done. I get a mug and pour me some coffee, I don't put any creamers or sugar in since I think coffee is best served plain.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room where Virgil and Patton are talking in low tones but stop once they notice me.

"Is everything okay," I ask raising a brow.

Patton and Virgil nod, "Everything is fine," Patton says quickly.

"Alright. Have you seen Roman or Remy? I need to talk to them," I ask the two who are acting more suspicious than me or the other two.

"I think Remy is outside with Emile in the backyard. Roman had to take a shower. Something about not getting enough beauty sleep so he has to find a different way to look nice. But I have already told him he always looks handsome," Patton smiles thinking about his boyfriend.

"Alright, thank you Patton," I walk to the back door and go outside.

Remy and Emile are sitting at the pond, talking about something. I walk over to them, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Are you sure? I mean I wouldn't be upset but it's not the time for this," Remy states, his voice wavering.

"Yes I'm sure. It's not like I chose to," Emile replied sounding nervous.

I clear my throat and they both look at me shocked. Emile stands up and dusts himself off, "Logan! Uh, how much did you hear?"

"Not much. I apologize for interrupting but I need to talk to Remy," I state.

They look at each other before Remy nods and Emile goes inside the house. I turn my attention to Remy, "I think Virgil and Patton are getting suspicious of us."

Remy sighs and stands up, "I'm not surprised. The three of us haven't been that good at acting normal."

I nod, "We need to figure something out before they decide to go to the basement themselves."

Remy thinks for a moment. "We could-" he then tackles me, "Get down!"

There is a sphere of green that flies right where we were standing. It goes past us and hits the trees, making an explosion.

I look where it came from and see Remus and Janus. Remy stands up, grabbing me, "How did they know?"

"I don't know, but we need to get inside," I state and run inside the house with Remy.

"Virgil," I run over to him, "Hide. Everyone else get ready to fight."

Virgil looks at me worried, "Its them, right? They're here?" His voice wavers.

"Yeah. So please hide. They still think your dead."

Virgil nods then runs upstairs, Roman running downstairs towards us. Remy looks at Emile, "Go. You can't fight."

Emile shakes his head, "I'm staying with you. I don't care what happens but I will always have your back."

Patton points at the front and back door, "They split up." He said softly.

Roman goes to the front door with Remy and positions themselves on the sides. Me and Emile do the same to the back door.

Then when the doors open we attack, I see green and realize Emile and I have Remus. Remus punches at Emile's stomach but he grabs his hand.

Remus kicks at me and I dodge it easily before kicking him. Patton yells towards Roman and runs to help him. I'm not sure what's happening over there.

Remus chuckles and Emile and I look at each other confused. Remus's back starts to squirm and then tentacles come out of his back. I forgot about those.

One grabs Emile, wrapping around his arms and waist. It picks him up and Emile tries to escape. Another tentacle grabs me and my arms are stuck by my side.

"Patton," I yell.

Patton rushes over to us, "Oh no," he mumbles, realizing the situation we're in.

A tentacle goes right for Patton. He jumps out of the way before dodging another one, "I'm not as weak as I used to be!" He jumped onto one of Remus's tentacles, jumping off when another one went to grab him.

Remus hissed, but it sounded like he hurt himself. Patton yelped and I looked back at him to see Remus succeeded in grabbing him.

Patton moved around trying to break out, "Roman!"

Janus walks out and Roman and Remy are injured. Remy got up and went towards Emile but was grabbed by Remus, along with Roman.

Remus smirks, "I remember telling you all that I would kill you if I ever saw any of you."

Janus smiles, "And that was when Virgil died if I remember correctly."

Patton whimpered as Remy growled. Remus looked at us, thinking about who knows what. "Janus has always came back to this house. Making sure no one returned. I'm glad he did since we found you all."

Janus walked over to us. "I must admit that watching you all have such fun and acting like nothing bad happened was sweet. But I have to ask. Who was homeless man who was here? Long hair, kept close to Patton and Logan?"

Virgil. We can play with his confusion, "We met him in town," I answer. "He lost his house and needed help getting back on his feet."

Janus and Remus seem to buy it. But after a few minutes of them talking it out. They decide to take us to the castle.

Emile looks at Remy, fear written on his face, Remy kept his sunglasses on and blew him a kiss. Patton looks at Roman who gives him a reassuring smile. I keep to myself. Nothing I can do.

"Let's go home Jan," Remus smirked and next thing I know. We're there.