Chapter 21

Another day without Liam goes by and its slowly starting to sink in that your alone. Every second spent without Liam feels like a lifetime without his hugs and kisses. You want and need him more than anything. Like Liam predicted, you've went a week without getting attacked or hunted. The exact amount of time you wanted to spend with Liam without any threats. Maybe Liam knows that you don't need protecting anymore.

You decided to go out to dinner alone. At a moment like this, Liam would hold your hand across the table whenever he got nervous for some reason or he'll tap your foot under the table just to tease you. After you paid for dinner, you went the bathroom to freshen up. You cried a few times sitting at the dinner table alone thinking about Liam. You washed your hands and face then a random guy appeared in the mirror when you blinked.

"Holy shit!" You jumped looking up at the mirror where you say someone standing behind you.

"Did I scare you?" The mysterious guy asked.

"Yeah." You say.

"Then this will terrify you." The guy grabs you and pins you to the wall holding you by your neck. You tried to scream for help but he covered your mouth. "I HOPE YOU LOOK AS GOOD AS YOU TASTE-"

SNAP!!!

Liam comes to the rescue snapping the guys neck from behind.

"Liam!" You cried hugging him quickly. 

"I know you told me not to come after you anymore but I don't care. Are you okay?" Liam comforts you. Did Liam just admit that he didn't care that you didn't need him anymore? It's obvious Liam still cares.

"I'm fine. Was that one of James' guys?"

"No. He's just another lost wolf." Liam shook his head.

"Thanks again, Liam.".

"Anytime." Liam walks out the bathroom and out the door. Your not letting him go that easily.

"Liam! Wait!" You ran after him. "Why did you come save me after I told you not to." You know that Liam still cares. It's obvious.

"He would've killed you." 

"And why didn't you let him?"

"Are you kidding me? (Y/N), I wasn't going to let that happen." Liam said in a firm tone. 

"And I told you not to come after me a few days. Not only that I forgave you after I did my research. I want you to come back home, Liam!" You begged.

"I have a home, (Y/N)."

"I'm not talking about the woods. I meant back at my apartment. Where I have a bed for you to sleep on, food to eat, heat and air conditioning, you don't have that in your cabin do you?" You place your hands on Liam's face.

"I don't."

"Exactly. Come back home with me, Liam." You said softly.

"I can't (Y/N)." Liam removed your hands off his face.

"Do you still love me?"

"I do."

"Then why are you leaving?" You asked but he walked away. "Liam!" He keeps walking away. "Liam Payne come back here!"

"Go home, (Y/N), before you get attacked again and I'll have to kill someone."

"Not until you answer me!" You put your foot down.

"Have you heard of the saying, 'If you love someone, let them go?' " Liam asked.

"And 'If they return, they were always yours?' and I came back to you at the park that day." You reminded Liam. You know your right, Liam knows your right, he's in denial. Liam transformed and ran away back to his cabin without any final words.

~~~~

Thunder roared and lighting struck outside. On nights like these Liam is the one who's holding you through the storms. Someone banged on the door waking you out your sleep. You cried yourself to sleep in the pillow that Liam slept on.

You woke up from a small nightmare about Liam leaving you. " Why won't you come back to me, Liam?" Randomly someone knocked on the door. Who could it be at this time of night? You opened to the door to guy who is drenched wet with a sad face. The guy that you've cried yourself to sleep about.

"Liam, What are you doing here?" You say surprised.

"The same thing you've done for me. I can't hide my feelings anymore." He answered looking down nervously.

"And what is that?" You asked.

"I'm coming back to you."