Chapter 23

A moment of sadness starts off the moment with you and Liam. Liam slowly sat up from his laying position and sat on the bed gathering his thoughts. Today marked the day that his family was killed by a pack of enemy werewolves leaving him the sole werewolf from that pack. He was too young to remember who they were and all he kept was pictures of them and a note. Liam's looked at the ground and started crying. He remembered as if it were yesterday.

-Flashback-

"Liam....." The friendly director at the orphanage approaches a six year old Liam to watching Toy Story alone. Still young and was told one day that his real mummy and daddy will come back to get him.

"Yes?" Liam turned around with a smile.

"Can we talk?" She tells Liam softly.

"Are my mommy and daddy coming to get me?" 

"Liam.....you don't have your parents anymore. This is an orphanage. Where children go where they lost their parents. You know all these children here?"

"Yes." Liam sadly nods.

"They lost their parents too." She starts tearing up. That's the hardest part about her job is telling kids that their parents are gone."

"How did they die?" Liam whimpered. Liam is young and naive, more than likely any old story will make sense to him at his age.

"They were attacked by wolves. Sounds crazy but that was what happened."

"Wolves killed my mummy and daddy?" 

"Yes, Liam. I'm so sorry."

"Then how did I get here?" Liam said softly on the verge of tears.

"They put you on my doorstep before they died." The director spoke the honest truth. All she knows is that they were attacked by regular wolves and not the legit werewolf. They also left a note in the carriage that they dropped Liam off in that he wasn't allowed to read until he gets older. 

Liam started sniffling and cry, the director pulled Liam into a tight hug holding him tight.

-End of Flashback-

It still hurts Liam to this day knowing that he'll never meet his parents. He's gotten older and realised that the 'wolves' were actually 'werewolves'. You wake up to him crying.

"Liam?" You crawled up to his muscular back, wrapping you arm around his torso. "Liam what's wrong?"

"Today my parents were killed." Liam softly cried choking back sobs. Tears roll down your face when you started to feel sorry for Liam. 

"Come here." You turned Liam around pulling him into your arms, cuddling him tight in your chest. He sobbed in the crook of your neck and you cry with him as well. The only thing he knows about his parents is their names. Liam basically had to raise himself in the orphanage. As your holding him you noticed a paper written to 'Our Little Wolf Liam.'

"Did your parents leave you that note?" You asked through the tear.

"Yes. You can read it if you want." Liam offered. It is only Liam's business but he allowed you too. You picked up the paper and read through the note:

Dear Liam,

By the time you read this. We have gone to where the wolves run free. Remember even though you haven't met us. Just remember that we will be watching over you. Stay strong, keep your head up, and fight for what you believe in.

We love you and we will miss you. You will always be our little wolf, no matter how big you get. We will see you later.

Love, Mum and Dad.

The letter was short and sweet. It makes you tear up again thinking about how much pain Liam is in.

"Can you come to the cemetary with me?" Liam mumbled in your neck still crying.

"Sure, Liam." It was impossible for you to say no to Liam. This is the saddest he's been in a while. 

~~~~

 "Here they are." Liam held you hand guiding you to their gravestones.

'Geoff Payne and Karen Payne'

"Hey Dad.....Hey mum....." Liam sadly talked to the graves. "T-these are m-my....parents." Liam start sobbing. You hugged him quickly holding onto him for dear life. Soon his tears turned into full rage...

"IM GONNA FUCKING KILL WHO EVER TOOK YOU GUYS AWAY FROM ME!!!" Liam's voice deepened turning into a snarling and bezerk werewolf. No one was around for Liam to take on. You couldn't blame him for being so angry. Somehow or someway, Liam is going to avenge his family. The anger didn't last long as he slowly turned back into the sobbing Liam.

You cuddled behind Liam comforting him the most you can. "Hey Mr. and Mrs. Payne. Although your not physically here with us, I'll take good care of Liam for you." Liam's short cries turned into a small smile at you. Even at the smallest moment when he feels alone, your there for him, the same way he is for you. The clouds turned grey and it started to pour.

"We have to go before we get drenched." You told Liam pulling up your jacket over your head.

"Sure let's go. Bye Mum and Dad, I love you guys." Liam said running out the cemetary with you. All though there aren't here with you and Liam, they will always be in Liam's heart along with you.