Chapter 25

A furious Liam stormed into the woods looking for James and his clan of wolves to rip to shreds. He sniffed out every corner of woods. He'd pick up some scents and then he'd loose them. He'd follow familiar boot prints and they'd suddenly disappear. He's not giving up yet. Once he gets rid of James and his allies, both you and Liam get to live happily ever after and move on with your lives. Still no progress in finding anyone, Liam turned human and sat down on an log in the woods and pulled out his phone. He checked the time and smiled when he saw his screensaver. A picture of you.

"I'll be back soon." Liam said unlocking his phone and tapped his camera roll. He scrolled and had plenty on pictures and videos of you and him together. He smiled and teared up even regretting the decision he made. Liam had always been a man of his word when it comes to protecting the one he loves and cares for.

Liam traveled more reaching a hilltop that overlooked the city. His keen eyesight was able to spot your apartment window from far away. He saw your bedroom light go off and you closing your shades. Liam turned into a wolf and howled loud enough hopefully for you to hear.

You heard the familiar howl and looked out the window. You couldn't see Liam but you for sure hear him. He is signaling that he's okay and he loved you.

"Come home soon, Liam." Your voice cracked closing your shades back and going to bed. The beds bigger than usual now that Liam is gone and won't come back until he get's rid of James.

Still a wolf, Liam whimpered sadly and turned back human. His whimpering soon stopped when he heard someone approaching.

"Who's there?!" Liam got hostile and grew canine fangs and changed eye color. He walked towards the sound that lead him into the woods. Liam took a few steps in and was hit in the back of his leg with a lead pipe. He screamed and was hit in the back of the head drving his face into the dirt. Next thing he knew he was getting beaten by James wolves. They hid the whole time while Liam was searching through the woods. Liam's vision blurred and save a fuzzy image of James walking towards him.

"How dumb can you be, Liam? Walking into my woods and killing on my guys?" James teased and stepping on Liam's face blacking everything out.

~~~~~

A warm splash of water was thrown on Liam waking him up. He gasped and found himself strapped down in a chair. James stood in front of him holding a bucket.

"You know I'd kill you right now, Payne. But where is the fun in that?" James teased.

"LET....ME.....GO!!!!" Liam tried to break free of the ropes that are tying him down to the chair. 

"Now, now Liam." James scolded. "Let's just sit down and talk." 

A fellow pack member brought a car for James to sit in. James leaned back and grinned at Liam. In response, Liam looked down at the ground.

"Why the pout?" James crooned.

"Why James? Why are you always after me?" Liam asked sincerely.

"Because I can, Liam." James said arrogantly. "I know more about you than you know about yourself." James traced his finger claw down Liam's chest.

"The hell does that mean?" Liam questioned.

"Let me tell you a story about the boy who cried werewolf......Liam James Payne." James gave an evil fanged smile. "You and I were raised in the same orphanage. And yet, I was an orphan for a reason. A reason you wouldn't understand.

"What reason?" Liam grumbled.

"Ya' know, Liam. We live in a dog eat dog world or should I say 'wolf eat wolf'. You know that I'm doing everything I can to be the lone wolf in this world. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt before making them join me."

"And your telling me this because?" Liam couldn't care less. James is gonna tell him why.

"Because I killed my own family." James broke the news and Liam's eye widened.

"Why?"

"Why not? I should be the lone wolf of my whole family. I'll do whatever it takes to the alpha male of all werewolves."

"Those are your fucking parents for fuck sakes! They were your family!" Liam snapped.

"Fuck having a family. The pack is all I have." Then James laughed maniacally.

"Your a monster." Liam said harshly.

"I know." James replied arrogantly.

"You knew your fucking family. I didn't!"

"Of course you didn't because I killed them too." James looked Liam dead in the eye. 

Now Liam had became very angry. "How?!"

"I reached my full form as a werewolf at a young age, Liam. I was ten years old at the time. You came to the orphanage as a baby. I knew this day would come. The day that you'd grow up and you'd be the last Payne werewolf that I'd kill."

"She told me it was more than one wolf." Liam whimpered.

"Both of our families are rival packs. All werewolves wished to they could dominate and protect what was theirs. I was a bit of a wild child." James puts his hands behind his head and chuckles." James explained.

"Why?"

"Because your Payne werewolves have always been lovers and not fighting. As far as my family that I killed off. I'm the last of my pack, alongside with these fine guys and girls that I've bitten. Andy included." James confessed.

"You murdered both of our families." Liam reminded.

"I know." James shrugged. "I'll be right back." James stood up and left Liam in the cabin alone. Now Liam can't escape his fate. He sat there with his head down.

~~~~~

You couldn't take it anymore. Your tired of Liam leaving because he was trying to protect you. You've always felt secure when Liam was around you. It's about time you got him back.

You got up in the middle of the night and put on something comfortable and went to the local gun shop that was open late. You walked in a saw a collection of guns held up again for display.

"How may I help you?" The cashier asked.

"I need something that will take down a wolf." You said sternly.

"I got the gun for you." He turned around into the display case and pulled out a shotgun that was best suited for you.

"That'll do." You pulled out your wallet and gave the guy your gun license to confirm that your legal. You grabbed your gun and headed into the woods on a dangerous mission to bring Liam back.